Why did Bill show people the Zodiac?
Why did Bill show people the Zodiac, and call people by their symbolic names?

There's a big clue when Bill said he was happy that Ford had gathered all the people who could possibly hurt him together, so that he could destroy them. The Zodiac that Bill showed people had the symbols in the wrong arrangement. He published this version just in case they ever tried the Zodiac plan. If they used that arrangement they would fail, and they would all be gathered for Bill to wipe out.

Ford had seen the Bill-published version in a dream and recorded it in Journal 2, before he had any cause to be suspicious. But after he learned Bill's true nature, he remembered the true prophetic version, recorded in the cave. He didn't write any corrections down out of paranoid caution, but he used the memorized version in the Fearamid, and it could have worked if not for the quarreling of the Stans.
Bill calling people by the name of their symbol is what makes me think the wheel wasn't a weakness but on the contrary would allow Bill to become more powerful. But I like your theory!
But what about Lil'Gideon version in prison? How did he learn the right zodiac? (Was it the right zodiac?)
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png]
If it would make him more powerful, why would he come and break it up?
I'm fairly certain Gideon's was in a different order, so he could have easily misremembered. (He puts the journal instead of a hand, for example)
Keeping: Dipper's Disposable Cameras, Floating Eyeballs
[Image: gXPmp.jpg]
(02-17-2016, 06:40 PM)Cookyle Wrote: Bill calling people by the name of their symbol is what makes me think the wheel wasn't a weakness but on the contrary would allow Bill to become more powerful. But I like your theory!
But what about Lil'Gideon version in prison? How did he learn the right zodiac? (Was it the right zodiac?)

He read about it in journal 2, and misrememberd it, which explains why the hand was replaced with a picture of the journal.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
The other reason Bill showed the Zodiac?

He's arrogant. He believes he's above everyone and loves to shove it in other people's faces. What better way to show you can't be beaten than to give your enemy your greatest weakness and then beat them anyway?
Gdqj nlgv! Jhw riid pdk frqwlqxlwb!
Posting my theory.

Whoever/whatever put Bill Cipher into existence (I'll just call him The Creator) knew he'd be strong enough one day to assault this dimension, so to make the game fair and sort of level the playing field, he was generous enough to provide a way of defense against the demon. The Creator decided to force Bill to show his weakness around dimensions by making it his method of summoning.

Bill has to know why he has to carry that wheel around. He clearly has knowledge who the keys to the power are, he must know what happens if the keys unlock the power. So for me the only explanation for his incompetence is his arrogance. He considers the game over already because he has control over Ford and Gideon.
What if it doesn't matter what configuration the wheel is in
Bill exists in a multiverse of possibilities. Imagine if Ford was just another version of Stan from a destroyed Universe, adopted into this one with a similar family. Maybe everyone there would have six fingers, and we just pass it off as a genetic deformity.

Bill was shown writing Gravity Falls along side Alex Hirsch long after 2012. In the opening, both he and Stan break the fourth wall and look right at us.

Bill gathered them all there to be a threat to himself. He even wrote their language, evolved their species and built their pyramids. Who came first, the immortal Keyhole demon, or the key hole itself ¿

They've been whispering to us across dimensions for millennia and luckily they only conquered as far as Gravity Falls before being stopped.

If you make a Dipper sock puppet, grown up Dipper himself will posses it and talk to you because in an infinite Universe, we're watching the real lives of other worlds. We look like cartoons from across Universes too.

It's a conspiracy !!!→
Bill biggest downfall in the show was underestimating his enemies
(02-17-2016, 06:40 PM)Cookyle Wrote: Bill calling people by the name of their symbol is what makes me think the wheel wasn't a weakness but on the contrary would allow Bill to become more powerful. But I like your theory!

It could have been a trick or he knew he would be destroyed but didn't care because he would come back! as for Gideon, he had journal 2 and contact with bill so either zodiac might work or bill told gideon