Poll: Should Broken become a romance story?
This poll is closed.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
40.00%
2 40.00%
I don't care/Undecided
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Broken
Chapter 2 has been updated!
"do not burn the candle at both ends, as it leads to the life of a hairdresser."
I finished reading the revised chapters. I can definitely see the improvements with the pacing and character development. Well done!

I do have a little critique for you, though: try dividing some of your larger paragraphs into smaller ones. It makes it a little easier on the readers' eyes.

And also, when you're using ellipses, you should limit them down to three dots. For example, this:
Quote:“Ada…...please stay.”

should instead be this:
Quote:"Ada...please stay."

I hope that helps. :)
Hi, I'm here to make another announcement.

I don't know where Broken is going. I didn't know to start with, and now I don't know more than ever. Despite all the support the story has been getting, I have lost the motivation to write it but would like to continue. However, I keep getting told about the errors of Broken (Ford is OOC, it's rushed, etc.) and I don't know how to go about fixing them. I get some grief for some of the decisions I've made or plan to make. I have become extremely frustrated in writing it, and writing frustrated is never a good thing. Please don't tell me this is an overreaction. I am making this announcement to say: I don't know what to do with the story. I don't know if I should just take it off the forum or just let it rot. Maybe I should keep updating my flawed story and end up with a product I'll hate. Maybe I'll love it, I have no clue. Anyway, this is just me saying that I'm at a loss, and it's likely Broken won't continue for a while. This announcement feels incredibly petty, but I feel I had to make it at some point, in case anyone actually followed the story.

Sincerely and emphatically,
Darth_Vader.
"do not burn the candle at both ends, as it leads to the life of a hairdresser."
Don't take it off the forum, Just give it a rest and come back to it.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Sorry Darth, but this is coming out aggressively honest from my part. The others may disagree with my approach on this, but given that your reaction and understanding when people have conversations with you and try to help you out, I figured I outta let out something that's been on my mind for quite a while.

We talked about this yesterday on the synchtube. You stated the same problem to us and we tried to convince you NOT to delete the story and lay off writing for a while. Then, not only that, but zhar was happy to help you out with Broken, and yet now it seems that you don't remember this either happening, or just stopped acknowledging it entirely. We give you advice, you say you'll take it into consideration, and yet in the end you do nothing about it. You're back to square one because you intentionally or unintentionally don't want to solve your problems or really listen to our advice. When you do try and make an effort to tackle on something, sometimes it doesn't work, that's fine. It's completely understandable, but when you have clear help from us and you acknowledge that help, in the following day you've either forgotten all about it or act as if we haven't had any discussion about your current situation at all.

And that is very concerning, because you're being your own worst enemy here. You want to keep writing Broken despite having writer's block? Either take a break off of writing for a while or take zhar's help. And when I say take, I mean really take it, don't go back to the "woe is me" attitude after 24 hours and not making any progress.

Sorry for being blunt, but I had to get this off my chest.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
I have to say yes, you are being a just a little too aggressive and slightly insulting in areas. Nothing about writers block is rational, nor the level of stress or panic that comes with it at times, I'd have thought you'd have understood that but perhaps you experience it differently. That is fine.

These things take time and patience.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
It isn't as simple as you want it to be, Sir Dip. Equate it to this.

Sorry your fish are dead.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
Chapter 3 (Click to View)

It's been a while, but inspiration has found me again! After much trial and tribulation, this is what I was able to cop out at four in the morning.
I really like it. :D

And are you planning on being bill back, or is it just paranoia? Can't wait to see!
I'm about as edgy as a ball of raw cookie dough 
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
Damn, you came back in full force. Well done Darth.