What if Season 3?
During the last charity marathon with Alex Hirsch and Dana Terrance, Kristen Schaal tweeted this picture of herself, Alex, Dana, and Jason Ritter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyT_4B-UQAAkNgr.jpg:large

It look closely, you'll see some notes on Alex's computer. They say "Not a movie or a show? Maybe it's a.

1. Comic

2. Video Game.

3. Script for fun/internet.

4. Short.

I find this interesting. Just a couple of months ago, Alex hinted at GF comics coming on Twitter. Maybe this means they are coming soon.

I also find it interesting how the "Not a movie or show?" quote is a question, not a statement. Could this mean that Alex and Disney have been talking about more GF content weather it's a new show, a movie, comics, new video games, more shorts, or more merch.

Someone also pointed out on Reddit that during the charity stream, Alex said they had to go mute for about 3 minutes. After that, Kristen tweeted the picture. This dude brought up the idea that maybe Alex went mute to tell the cast about these new ideas and then had Kristen put out the tweet.

Some people also think that this could be Alex trolling us again. I would think that's possibility if he tweeted this. He didn't though. Kristen did.

I think what has happened is that after the surprising critical and commercial success of Journal 3 this past summer and it being a NYT bestseller, Disney is starting to realize how many people love GF even after the series ended and how much money they can make off new GF content. That's why they green light the Journal 3 Special Edition and GF Pop Finyls. I think since then, they've been talking with Alex about new ways to continue the show and/or expand the brand. And I think the notes are ideas that both Disney and Alex have suggested and thought of.

What do you think?
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]
Think this might be for a new short or special of sorts, imo.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
I would love to see another GF videogame, even with the failure of GG. Granted, that one seemed more like an obligatory tie-in instead of a real game, but a second one would allow Disney to put out their best effort.

A GF comic series would be an amazing idea, especially one about Ford's past. We could learn more about the other 2 journals, and get more in-depth coverage of the third one.

A script for fun would be interesting, as would a short, but while those do seem like options that would likely happen, they don't appeal to me as much as the other two. Maybe we could have a small "sister series"-esc thing done with shorts and a script online?
If Romance Academy 7 and Fight Fighters are video games that means there are multiple copies with multiple Rumbles and Giffanies

[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]

Memes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhD7rdK7rJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbsOLFL3vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_JV5gU1LY
(12-17-2016, 12:11 AM)TanooKrampus Wrote: I would love to see another GF videogame, even with the failure of GG. Granted, that one seemed more like an obligatory tie-in instead of a real game, but a second one would allow Disney to put out their best effort.

A GF comic series would be an amazing idea, especially one about Ford's past. We could learn more about the other 2 journals, and get more in-depth coverage of the third one.

A script for fun would be interesting, as would a short, but while those do seem like options that would likely happen, they don't appeal to me as much as the other two. Maybe we could have a small "sister series"-esc thing done with shorts and a script online?

I say make an open world GF game where you can explore the town and forest as Mabel and Dipper. And you can have a main story and side quests.
(12-17-2016, 12:22 AM)AwesomeDude1 Wrote:
(12-17-2016, 12:11 AM)TanooKrampus Wrote: I would love to see another GF videogame, even with the failure of GG. Granted, that one seemed more like an obligatory tie-in instead of a real game, but a second one would allow Disney to put out their best effort.

I say make an open world GF game where you can explore the town and forest as Mabel and Dipper. And you can have a main story and side quests.

My thoughts on a GF game would be a mission based one, where you play through the various episodes and explore the town in a sort of hub. Maybe it could even have other characters to play as, like Soos or Stan in a mission.

idk tho just my ideas
If Romance Academy 7 and Fight Fighters are video games that means there are multiple copies with multiple Rumbles and Giffanies

[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]

Memes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhD7rdK7rJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbsOLFL3vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_JV5gU1LY
I would play it, but I feel like it would be a waste to just turn the episodes into games.
Thinking about GF Season 3 without Al'xie would be crap, and I highly doubt it'll be a huge success. I'd just prefer a comic series of the show, if they would without him, with the start of Mabel and Dipsy returning to Gravity Falls in winter after 2 years. IF there was a videogame of it, I would buy it to see if it's kewl or cancer. If not then say goodbye to the Creator for me.
"Ysysiqv uhg gkvwf, ozh J wkvh ktxs ki ftgbjew rciis. Yg gepw iwhi ze gdavycz xydk, dep xsqi elblv znsxkgq cf sqeh xz Zcxsul, hyn lp joe qbdg eo myxcwi ze cxympph bsxet sj askqt af hcnaxs iwhio uu! S smwn qaqf bcmg asgb ki iaxopl djcao ny jkjhd, K gtemt kxreog mq fpda, kjh jg gtemt tormgg aq. M xinv ysxg pmgl tq ia Plpr!"

-Wlblxk'rm 6:15-18

BWCEOALEMKC
You're assuming there's actually gonna be a season 3, though.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
Not sure if the purpose of this thread is being confused now for another as this was 'how would you react if you heard there was to be a S3' but I digress...

If there was a S3, I would want...completely new characters. Alex and co (nothing wrong with 'and co' btw...) would not be working on it after all so I wouldn't want some new people messing with things (Pirates of the Caribbean comes to mind as a great example f what I would be dreading).

This is not what I would want keep in mind, this is purely a 'what if.'
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
This isn't a new season, but I have an idea for how to continue the characters and the world.

Gravity Falls Spin Off Idea. The Mystery Twins

I've heard some GF fans talk about the idea of Mabel and Dipper following their Grunkles footsteps and travel around the world together. So I've decided to pitch a spin off series about that idea. It's set about 10 years after GF, it's called The Mystery Twins and it's about Mabel and Dipper (Along with Waddles) in their early 20's traveling around the world together fighting monsters, ghosts, and other creatures, get cursed by spells and objects, and finding mystical artifacts after exploring GF for years and becoming fascinated with the rest of the world. They also sometimes team up with the Stan Twins. I would get Jason Ritter and Kristen Schaal to come back and voice the twins and try to get them to record their lines together as much as possible.

Mabel and Dipper would also be mostly the same characters they were in GF. Dipper is still a nerd and Mabel is still a little kid at heart. Dipper's biggest development is that he has more self confidence. He can still be parinoed sometimes, but believes in himself more. Mabel's biggest development is that she isn't as boy crazy as she was as a kid. She doesn't go after crushes, she lets crushes come to her. The twins bond has also grown due to exploring GF together for years.

I would describe the show as a GF/Indiana Jones/ X-Files hybrid.
What do you think?