The Emoji Movie
(07-29-2017, 12:31 AM)romanatorX Wrote: So, uh, The Emoji Movie came out today. I haven't seen it, and I don't intend to see it (not even Patrick Stewart can lure me in), but if Rotten Tomatoes is to be believed, the critical reception so far has been a bit less than glowing...

For comparison, here's another widely critiqued animated movie from last year.

In short, I'm pretty impressed.

Hurts worse than duct-tape party shorts the morning after the party.

Which incidentally is just about as good idea as the concept of this movie.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
This is number one at the US box office right now. Above Atomic Blonde and Dunkirk.

I wish I could say I was disappointed, but I've lost all hope for humanity circa the latter half of 2016.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
The problem is, most people are going in the movie to see how crappy it is for themselves. But the thing is, this is exactly the opposite of what everyone should be doing, because it means Sony still gets loads and loads of money.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
And this is part of the reason why I want to just slap jacksfilms in the face. His shitposting is pretty much going to feed the problem rather than detain it.

You guys best prepare for Emoji sequels and a possible Emojiverse because if this continues to be successful in the following weeks, Sony's gonna continue to bank on that cringey product placement shit.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
In a sequel they'll probably bring in even more apps for the emojis to visit, so get ready for that Angry Birds/Emoji Movie crossover
surprise surprise, it's bad and everyone on rotten tomatoes except like one person rated the movie as a pile of garbage.

I would give this movie a ???? (this forum can't display Unicode emojis smh, supposed to be three :ok_hand: and one :100: emojis)

ADD:

The movie does well because of the "so bad it's good" factor, this is why M Night Shyamalan and Adam Sandler are still allowed to make/appear in movies
I haven't seen anyone claim it's even a 'so-bad-it's-good' movie in the reviews I've read so far.

A movie where Patrick Stewart plays a poop emoji should not even have that classification. This is just further proof that Sony Pictures is the worst movie studio currently in Hollywood. The only good thing they've done recently is sharing Spider-Man with Marvel.
Should anyone be surprised that this film is receiving negative reviews? It was destined to happen the moment Sony announced it.
(07-30-2017, 01:48 AM)SirDip Wrote: I haven't seen anyone claim it's even a 'so-bad-it's-good' movie in the reviews I've read so far.

A movie where Patrick Stewart plays a poop emoji should not even have that classification. This is just further proof that Sony Pictures is the worst movie studio currently in Hollywood. The only good thing they've done recently is sharing Spider-Man with Marvel.

Well they also did put out good movies like Life, The Magnificent Seven, 21/22 Jump Street, This Is The End, Sausage Party, The Night Before, Goosebumps, The Equalizer, etc. And I'm excited for The Dark Tower, Jumanji, Uncharted, Metal Gear Solid, and He-Man.
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]
>good movies
>sausage party