Vampiric Nightmare (private)
(I love those two!)
"Wendy, I'm sure I'm fine" dipper said. "I should just get some sleep."

Wendy stared at him for awhile "well... If you say so..." She said, heading to the door. "But I'll ask the doctors to check on you as soon as you wake up."

The group left the room, turning the lights off on the way out.
(Would you mind if I post this story on my Deviantart?)
I'm about as edgy as a ball of raw cookie dough 
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
(I just found the Starset's song yesterday on a YouTube walk and fell in love with the band, now I'm making a Dipper-possessed-by-Bill video with it. XD)

Dipper closed his eyes, relieved for the darkness. No light, no burning, just him and his thoughts.

I'm going to be fine...

The teen tried to tell himself that, repeating the words in his head like a mantra. But as he tried to drift off to sleep, only feverish dreams came to him as he slept.

He dreamed of many pairs of eyes glinting in the darkness, himself hiding around by the trees with only the light of the moon to go by. He could see a shadowy figure in the clearing, who he realized after a moment was Mabel. Who was alone and alive and smelled pretty good.

The more Dipper crept closer in the dream, the more dizzy he felt. Like he had to get to Mabel and that tantalizing smell that was drawing him closer.

He needed to have it...

In that moment Dipper forced himself awake, bathed in a cold sweat. He was shivering slightly, he heard what sounded like a monitor beeping, and someone had turned on those darn lights...

"Dipper," an unfamiliar voice said, "just hold still..."

(Of course I wouldn't mind! :))
Triangulum, entangulum.
Veneforis dominus ventium. Veneforis venetisarium.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"We'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when...
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."
Dipper looked around, the light burning his eyes. The man looming over him must be the doctor, right? Just examining him to make sure he's alright, which he obviously was. He felt perfectly fine.

"Could you just hurry and shut off the lights?" He mummered, closing his eyes.
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
"Hold on just a sec, Dipper," the doctor said. "I need to keep the lights on for just a moment."

"Why?" Dipper practically snarled, keeping his eyes shut and his head turned to the side. "I'm fine, the lights just too bright, nothing's wrong with me."

"Just open your eyes and look at me,'. The doctor said gently, concerned etched in his voice. "Just for a few seconds."

Dipper thought about just ignoring the man and demanding the lights be shut off, or burying his head in the pillow. Anything to prevent the light from shining through into his eyes. But bracing himself for the pain, he turned his head upward and dared to open his eyes, fighting the urge to shut them.

The doctor's own eyes widened, trying not to look too startled for Dipper's sake, though the teen had already noticed his expression. What Dipper couldn't see was that there was something definitely wrong with his eyes. His pupils were no longer the normal small brown dots that were wide with curiosity, but more like slits, like a cat's.

After a few stunned seconds, just as it looked like Dipper was about to sit up and scream at him to shut off the lights, the doctor went over and turned off the lights, muttering something about "getting the others"

Dipper blinked. On the one hand, he was glad that the lights were off again, as it would mean his eyes would stop stinging soon enough. On the other hand, the way the doctor had reacted when he opened his eyes told Dipper that maybe something was wrong after all.

No, I'm fine, he tried to tell himself. I'm fine, I'm fine...
Triangulum, entangulum.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
he soon heard talking outside the door. it was too quiet for him to understand what they were saying, but it sounded like his friends. were they talking about him?
he reached into his pocket, pulling out the phone his parents had given him a year ago and turning it on. his eyes burned from the sudden light, but he opened the front facing camera anyway, using it like a mirror. he saw his slit like eyes, and his heart skipped a beat in shock.

(just really needed some kind of mirror. XD )
(Hey, in a modern setting, a selfie-camera works! XD)

Dipper fumbled with the phone, nearly dropping it in his haste. That explained why the doctor had looked at him in such surprise. And why his eyes hurt so much.

He blinked frantically, hoping that he was just seeing things. The cat-like eyes remained, and he shut his phone off to stop the light, his breath quickening.

"What did that thing do to me?!" he cried. "He..."

Dipper's expression fell, turning his phone on once more and quickly lowering the brightness as he looked at the camera phone again, stunned. "T-That guy was a vampire, and he bit me... what if I turn into one too?!"
Triangulum, entangulum.
He suddenly recalled what the vampire had said before he had disapeared.
"I won't be the only bloodsucking monster roaming around here anymore..."
"No. No no no no." Dipper whispered to himself, on the verge of a panic attack. "This can't be happening. I- I must be dreaming."

He heard someone starting to open the door, and instantly pretended to be asleep. They couldn't see him like this.
"Should we turn on the lights?" Soos asked.

"No," the doctor said quietly. "It would likely hurt his eyes, and given how they are aim not sure how sensitive he is to light."

"Do ya think he's gonna be okay, Doc?" Wendy asked, peeking over worriedly at Dipper.

Dipper kept his eyes shut tight, internally pleading. Please say yes, please say yes...

"I can't be sure," the doctor admitted, brushing his brown hair back out of his face. "We haven't exactly had a case of vampirism in Gravity Falls..."

Dipper cringed at the word 'vampirism'.
Triangulum, entangulum.
"But you'll start researching a cure, right?" Mabel asked

"...we'll do the best we can" the doctor said, after a bit too long.

Dipper felt his blood run cold. He tried to keep as still as possible.

The room stood in a nervous silence for a while.
Eventually, Mabel cautiously stepped closer to where Dipper lay. If he was willing to listen to anyone, it would be his twin. "Dipper?"

It felt like forever before Dipper responded. "Yeah?"

Mabel's expression softened, hurt at how uncomfortable Dipper looked with this whole revelation. "You're gonna be okay, alright?"

Dipper made no response at first, before eventually speaking, his throat dry. "I... I hope so."

"That's my bro," Mabel said with an attempt at a fond smile. She lightly patted his arm. "Oh, how about we get you some food? You hungry?"

"A-A little," Dipper admitted, feeling like he hadn't had anything to drink in ages.

"Great! We'll be right back!"

"We—" Dipper started, but trailed off as he heard footsteps race out of the room as well as Melody's voice protesting.

A few minutes later, Mabel and Melody returned with a glass of water, a bowl of fruit, and some chocolate.

" Chocolate always cheers you up!" Mabel encouraged with a grin.

Dipper started to sit up and open his eyes, only to close them again. "I..."

"You can't eat with your eyes closed," Wendy said, trying to laugh a little.

Dipper, taking a deep breath, finally opened his eyes, tilting his head down to avoid startling his friends. Carefully picking up the glass of water, only to take a sip and spit it out.

"Dipper? Are you ok—"

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Dipper quickly said, trying to stop himself from getting more nervous. With his hand shaking a little, he carefully picked up a peice of the chocolate, only to scrunch up his face at the taste. "Is this different or something?"

"N-No," Mabel said, frowning, "it's the same kind of chocolate we always have here...". She picked up another peice from the plate and chewed it. "Tastes fine to me."

Dipper tried to drink more of the water again, but struggled to swallow it. It tasted almost bitter.
Triangulum, entangulum.