Vampiric Nightmare (private)
(I think he'd still be able to eat meat sometimes, the rarer the better, but needs blood to survive. That sound about right?)

He forced himself to drink a few more drinks, but couldn't even finish half of the glass. He tried a price of the fruit with the same results.

"I- I guess I'm just not hungry." Dipper suggested nervously. or maybe you're hungry for something else...
he quickly tried to push that thought out of his mind.

Mabel took the food back and set it down on a flat surface, looking back at dipper every once in a while.
I'm about as edgy as a ball of raw cookie dough 
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
(That sounds right to me, especially since meet kind of has animal blood in it already. :) Especially seeing as just blood on its own wouldn't exactly be the easiest thing to have exclusively without starving. Poor Dipper.)

Dipper couldn't help but hate the way Mabel was looking at him. Not that he wasn't grateful for her concern, and his friends as well, but the look of worry on their faces in turn worried him.

He couldn't help but wonder—what if they were looking at him for an entirely different reason?

What if they're afraid of me?! he thought. I'm a vampire now, they proably think I'm some sort of monster! But he tried to shove the thought away. His friends and sister wouldn't be afraid of him, he'd never hurt them. Okay, so he had eyes that were more sensitive to light, and he wasn't feeling all that hungry, that didn't mean things were going to change, right?

When the doctor said that Dipper could finally leave, the teen was at least glad that the sun was getting lower in the sky. Much less light to be bothered with.

-------

Tours had ended over at the Shack, and the group was more than glad to be back at their favorite hang out with Dipper no longer hurt.

Well, not bleeding right now in any case...

Dipper went over to the kitchen in the Shack, looking through the fridge. "Hey Soos, we got any meat here or—oh," Dipper cut himself off as he triumphantly picked up a container of steak from the freezer. "Aha, here's some!" he exclaimed, tearing open the package, thinking the steak looked almost too delicious, "now I just gotta—"

"Um, Dipper?"

Having turned from the fridge, he noticed Mabel, Soos, and Wendy looking at him curiously. "Why are you guys all staring at me?"

Mabel smiled, laughing a little. "Um, you need to cook the meat before you can eat it, Dipper, remember?"

"Oh, uh, right, sure." While outwardly Dipper was calm, inside was a different story. Of course I know to cook frozen meat first! What was I thinking? "Maybe now I'm finally feeling hungry," he reasoned aloud, "and I was just letting it get to me. S-Sorry."
Triangulum, entangulum.
Veneforis dominus ventium. Veneforis venetisarium.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"We'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when...
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."
"I think we may have some leftover chicken the back of the fridge." Melody said. "If you don't feel like cooking, you can have it."

"Unless you'd prefer salmonella." Wendy added with a smirk.

Dipper quickly put the frozen steak away and found the plate of plastic wrapped meat. He ate it cold.
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
The others stared at him.

"Uh, dude," Soos whispered to Mabel, "tell me this is some sorta habit your brother picked up since we were last here."

"Only if by 'last here' you mean 'last at the Shack'," Mabel whispered back. She couldn't help but look worriedly at her brother, who was tearing into the cold chicken with an unusually intent—almost fierce—expression on his face.

Dipper's hands practically dug into the meat, not bothering to cut it up with silverware as his eyes darkened. Store-bought chicken barely has any blood in—

He stopped, the dark look in his eyes fading as he seemed to notice the others had taken a step back from him. Pulling off part of the chicken and chewing it quickly, his eyes widened.

"Hey, guys, come on, you don't, uh..." His voice grew quiter, but higher, "you guys don't think I'm gonna hurt you, right?"

"No, no, of course not, brobro!" Mabel said quickly. "It's just, the chicken, uh..." She frowned, trying to come up with something,

It needs more blood, Dipper thought before he coud stop himself. It needs— "Sauce, that's all it needs, it needs sauce!" Dipper said quickly, racing to the fridge and grabbing some barbeque sauce to pour on part of the chicken.
Triangulum, entangulum.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
Dipper finished his meal quickly, trying not to do anything else weird. Afterward he excused himself and went up to the attic where they were staying.

He sat awake in bed late into the night, unable to sleep.
He heard Mabel tossing in her sleep and looked at her. Her hair shifted, revealing the pale skin of her neck. He stared, unable to tear his eyes away. He tried with all his might to keep himself from getting up, but his body wouldn't listen and he was soon looming over her. He reached out and delicately brushed away a few stray hairs, and crouched next to the bed.

Mabel stirred slightly when she felt his breath on her bare skin. She opened her eyes, seeing dipper staring hungrily at her.
"D-Dipper?" All traces of sleep were gone from Mabel as she sat up in surprise, noticing the expression in Dipper's slit-like eyes. "What are you doing?"

The spell the bloodlust had on Dipper broke as his twin turned to face him. The slits in his eyes widened slightly. "Uh, n-nothing! I-I just couldn't sleep, a-and you were um, having a nightmare so I..."

Mabel frowned, not buying into the whole 'nightmare thing' as she rubbed her eyes. "Uh, Dipper, you looked less like you were trying to comfort me and more like you were thinking about eating me..."

"I'd never do that!" Dipper protested, holding his hands up as he backed away from his sister.

Or maybe you would. Remember the dream back at the hospital? a voice hissed in his mind.
Triangulum, entangulum.
(you mind if i have him run off now? wanna check with you first.)
"dipper... are you sure you're alright?" mabel asked, a bit of fear in her voice.

"i- i'd never hurt you" he said, though he sounded like he was telling himself just as much as her
he kept backing up until his back was against the wall. (the one with the window) his thoughts raced. i could have hurt her. i could have killed her. eaten her.

"I think you are going to be the one who needs to stay away from your sister, I won't be the only bloodsucking monster roaming around here anymore..."
the words echoed in his mind once again, and his eyes darted to the window beside him.

he reached for the latch.
(i found a band i really like, mystery skulls. some of their songs fit Vamp!dipper really well. C: also they are hella rad )
(Sure, I actually was thinking the same thing. :))

"Dpper," Mabel said quickly, daring to stand up and look at him, "what are you—"

"I'm going."

"What?!" Mabel took a few steps closer, pleading, looking like she wanted to stop her brother but not getting too close.

"I'm sorry, Mabel," Dipper said, his hand on the latch as he looked at her with a combination of fear, regret. "I can't stay here if I might hurt you."

"Dip—"

Dipper's eyes flashed as he quickly tore the window open, hoisting himself over it and carefully descending from the roof as quickly as he could without hurting himself.

Ignoring Mabel's cries, he took off.

(Totally gonna check out Mystery Skulls now—any particular song recommendations from them that fit Vamp!Dipper? :D)
Triangulum, entangulum.
(Ghost, freaking out and paralyzed. Thier songs don't fit exactly word-wise but the... Vibe, I guess... Fits...? XD wow, this sounds stupid outside of my head. They're a really cool band anyways.)

Dipper rab through the woods, faster than he thought possible. he glanced back, watching the mystery shack get smaller until the trees hid it from sight
After what seemed like hours, he stopped in a cleering he decided was far enough away.
what in the world am i going to do now he thought, a sinking feeling settling in his stomach. Where can I go that Mabel won't find?

(I'm really sorry for the short and slow replies, btw. Kinda struggling with writers block, and feeling a bit anxious lately.)
(Hey, I totally get what you mean. :) Totally gonna listen to those. :))

He wasn't sure, feeling torn. If he stayed in the trees somehow he'd risk pouncing on her if she came looking for him, or he could get hurt himself. And if he stayed out here, he might risk hurting anyone or anything that came by.

It was several more minutes before Dipper came along a pathway by the clearing, a large house towering over him. It was somewhere bigger than the Mystery Shack in size, made of wood, and looking rather run-down.

It wasn't much, but at least no one else would be there.

(It's okay, I totally understand. *hugs* I totally get where you're coming from when it comes to writer's block and anxiety, take all the time you need. :))
Triangulum, entangulum.