Vampiric Nightmare (private)
"oh? not one of my kind, huh?" the vampire said, "so... you don't want any of this?" he up a mangled chunk of flesh, dripping with blood.
dipper found himself unable to look away.
"oh yes, i can tell now... you're obviously nothing like me. no cravings for meat. for blood."
god, the smell was overwhelming now. so sweet...
I'm about as edgy as a ball of raw cookie dough 
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
The more rational part of Dipper's mind tried to tell him that it was disgusting to think such things. But unfortunately for him, instinct was winning out over logic.

Dipper licked his lips, his eyes narrowing to slits has he crept closer, looking almost like a cat's when exposed to sunlight. The smell of blood overpowered his other senses as he raced forward, tearing the chunk of blood-soaked flesh away from the vampire's hand. Or perhaps the vampire had purposefully let him have it.

But Dipper didn't care as he sunk his fangs into the meat, tearing off a chunk. He had been feeling so hungry, and having something satisfying for once caused the vampiric part of him to enjoy it. He couldn't control it, but he didn't care.

The older vampire smirked with amusement.

(Getting definite vibes of Skillet's "Monster" now. O_o)
Triangulum, entangulum.
Veneforis dominus ventium. Veneforis venetisarium.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"We'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when...
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."
Dipper completely devoured the meat, and licked his fingers afterwards.
It wasn't enough. He needed more. More blood.
He found himself looking longingly at the blood dripping from the counter, before he came back to his senses. He looked ar the vampire, horrified and sickened.
"Oh yes, that little show just screamed normal human being." The vampire said mockingly.
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
The words pounded in Dipper's head as much as his heart, not sure if looking at the vampire or the blood would be worse for his frazzled mental state. Looking at the blood only caused him to crave it more. He tried to shake the thoughts from his mind. He clenched his fists and forced himself to look at the vampire looking sickeningly pleased. "I-I was just hungry..." Dipper said frantically, trying to come up with some excuse for his behavior.

"Really hungry, by the looks of it," the vampire taunted. "Acting like that is pure vampiric instinct." He chuckled, seeing the growing bloodlust in the teen's eyes. "You want more?"

Dipper nodded before he could stop himself, almost against his will, much to his horror. "Y-Yes... I mean, no!"

"You keep telling yourself that," said the vampire. "I can tell that you really like the taste already, and you need blood to survive. You're going to have to hunt sooner or later... and I can help you."
Triangulum, entangulum.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"i- I don't want your help." Dipper said, his voice shaking. "You're a monster! You- you made me this! I'd rather starve!"
The vampire shook his head slowly, and sighed. "Stop fooling yourself. You're a vampire now." He said. "We all start out with this little 'i'll never drink blood' mindset but we get over it eventually. It'd be so much easier if you just give in now" the vampire stepped forward, and reached out his still messy hand.
Dipper moved backwards, glaring at him. "I'm not going to become a monster like you!"

(School is keeping me busy lately, so replies may be short/slow. Also I may not reply at all during November. Gonna be crazy busy then.)
The vampire set his mouth in a thin line, though still keeping his hand outstretched. "Haven't you forgotten what you just did?"

Dipper swallowed, trying not to look at the mess of blood around him, instead focusing on the older vampire. "Well being hungry and being bitten by a vampire isn't exactly the best combination! It doesn't mean I'm a monster like you!"

"You sure seemed to enjoy it," the vampire said firmly. "Face it, kid. You're already as much of a monster as I was when first starting out."

"I'll never be a monster like you, Dracula!" Dipper exclaimed, stepping back even though the vampire's words rang true.

"Stop calling me that," the vampire muttered with a roll of his eyes. Name's not Dracula, kid. It's Caine."

"Caine, whatever!" Dipper exclaimed. He shook his head and turned around, intent on leaving. "If I go back home—"

"You'll likely kill them."

Dipper stopped. He cautiously turned back around to face the vampire.

Caine fixed the teen to the spot with an almost hypnotizing stare. "With the way you are now, you'll turn them all into a mess of bloody carnage that you'd devour like a cannibal, like that meat you found so delicious just now. If you don't want that to happen," he went on, his tone laced with a threat, "you need my help to survive."

(That's totally okay, I understand how busy school can be. :))
Triangulum, entangulum.
(yeah, this late reply was due partly to being busy/sick, but mostly I was just being lazy... Sorry)
Dipper stood there silently for quite some time.
"...I don't like you." He said, voice shaking.
"The feeling is mutual." Caine said. "So are you going to listen to reason now? Or are we going to sit here for a few more hours?"
"F- fine... I agree..." Dipper replied. "But JIST until I get this... This bloodlust under control."
(Wow, I'm way late on responding to this, lol. ^^; So definitely don't worry about forgetting or the like. :))

The corners of Caine's mouth twitched in a slight smile, as if mocking the boy, but it quickly vanished, his brow knitted into a slight glare. He wasn't exactly hoping the new vampire would be so resistant.

He walked past Dipper, beckoning him forward to head outside into the evening. Trying to appear aloof, Dipper rolled his eyes, though the slight shudder of fear down his spine didn't go unnoticed by the vampire. Taking a deep breath, he followed.

The two went out into the night, and it was then that Dipper noticed something as he glanced upward. There was no moon, but he could still see the trees, the house, everything as if a moonbeam was shining on every portion of the forest individually.

"How.. how can I—"

"Vampire night vision, kid," Caine said casually. "I'm sure you've noticed your eyes have been pretty much on fire during the day, huh?"

Stunned, Dipper nodded.

"Eventually it won't hurt as much," Caine said. "Then you can use that night vision of yours to—"

He paused, hearing rustling in the nearby bushes. Dipper found himself listening as well—definitely not human, too small...

Caine glanced over at Dipper. "You want to prevent that bloodlust from turning against your friends and family, you gotta take it out on something."
Triangulum, entangulum.
dipper wanted to take a step back, but his feet refused to move. the was another sound in the bush, then a young jackalope stepped out cautiously. dipper couldn't tear his eyes away from the small creature, and felt his muscles tense up.
while his body felt more alert than he had ever felt before, his mind felt oddly... sluggish? almost like he was... about to... pass... out...

the next thing he knew, his mouth was filled with blood again. he looked down, the front of his shirt and his hands were covered in blood. "wh- what?"

he heard Caine laughing behind him. "i guess you'll make a good vampire after all."
(internet kept giving out on me all dayyy)
(Haha, it's okay, sometimes the Internet does that. :p Happy Halloween, by the way!
Also, don't know why, but for some reason I'm imagining Caine having the voice of Dr. Facilier from The Princess and the Frog or something. XD))

Dipper blinked a few times, trying to force his mind back into consciousness, slowly coming to the realization of what had happened. He glanced a few feet away on the ground, leaping back a little in shock seeing what was left of the jackalope. The bones were clearly visible and most of the meat of it had been devoured, leaving it barely recognizable as the animal it had once been.

The teen looked back at the older vampire, eyes wide with disbelief and horror as he felt like he was struggling to get breath back into his lungs. "D-Did—"

"That kill wasn't mine, kid," Caine said with a satisfied grin. "That was all your doing."

"B-But—"

"'But' what?" Caine interrupted, crossing his arms. Despite his posture, he seemed more curiously amused than irritated, especially having seen how brutally the kid's new vampire instincts had taken over him.

"I-I can't of...." Dipper stared helplessly at his hands, the redness dripping from them as if they were melting. He trembled, hoping to will the blood away. No luck, of course. It was one thing to be terrified of hurting or killing someone, it was another to comprehend the thought that the impulse could occur and he'd literally have no memory of doing so.

He finally tore his gaze away and looked up at Caine. "I don't remember killing it!" he cried, wiping a finger across his blood-stained shirt and licking up the remnants in spite of himself before he forced his own hand away. "I just remember seeing it, and then..." He gestured to his own blood-covered form. "This!"

"You're new, you're practically a kid, you have a pretty strong bloodlust," Caine said. He craned his neck down a little at the distressed teen. "Aren't you at least glad it wasn't your sister that you attacked?"

Dipper flinched at the thought. As much as he hated to admit it, Caine had a point. He didn't know how he'd be able to live with himself if he ended up killing his sister.

"Trying to deny what you're capable of doing isn't going to improve your situation. Going back to them and acting like everything's normal will only make it worse. Most normal human beings are no match for vampires like you and I, especially when one of those vampires is still getting used to things." Caine's eyes became more cat-like, narrowing.

Dipper had been so lost in his thoughts that he almost didn't hear Caine's words. Stepping back from the blood-drained carcass on the ground, he looked up at Caine with a mixture of horror, disgust, and fear, both directed at Caine and himself.

"Why did you make me like this in the first place?" he demanded hoarsely.
Triangulum, entangulum.