new section in Butt Island for slower topics
so the way the Random Stuff forum is currently set up means that there are a lot of topics being posted in relatively quickly, and people are generally encouraged to make more, shorter posts. there's nothing wrong with this, but it does mean that topics that might warrant longer replies often get buried under everything new.

so this is just suggesting a forum for possibly more serious topics that would benefit from having more attention? just a thought, take it or leave it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

examples of threads that might go there: politics, social justice, world news, nationality, genders, source of happiness, resolutions, fan phases, fears, disney sitcoms, horror, stereotypes, relationships, folklore/mythology, school, philosophy, paranatural, dreams/goals, calming down, parallel universes, dream journal, tulpas, art, life stories, etc.

maybe even other stuff that's not necessarily serious but just don't have as frequent posts, like universe reborn?
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
That does sound like a good idea, the section could be marked as "Serious Discussions" or something similar to that.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
That'd be pretty neat except I know from the world news thread people apparently don't like to go into serious topics often. But I'd support it and even if it doesn't happen Im glad you collected the links for this so it's all in one place.

Oh yeah, why isn't Universe Reborn in the RP section?
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
The first game sorta evolved into an rpg, the second one is more of a non-serious usergame.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
i am going to bump this since it is now a possibility
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
With the new changes to the site today, we figured if you guys would really want to request some updates and such, now would be the time to do it. :)
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
I think this would be a good idea, for more serious discussion of topics. I'm for it!

In terms of general site updates, an extra subsection for music might be a good idea.
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
I'll add the one thing I wanted to which was my only concern i that the definition on what belongs in this section is very clearly defined.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Yeah, the definition isn't clear enough at the moment.
Maybe calling the section something like "Debate & Discussion" would give a better idea of it than "Serious Discussion"? I don't have a specific definition in mind for what would go there, as opposed to what would not go there: spam and shitposts. Like, the politics thread right now consists of half Trump jokes and half people actually trying to have conversations about politics (we should actually probably create a separate politics discussion thread just because the current one is more actively used for light chat?).

But as for definitions, maybe as simple as just talking about things in-depth.
not a ship
That Music section

With the showcase of all music threads
[Image: Pete+Dunne+Bitter+End+to+Roy+Johnson.gif]