Stranger Things
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Done with Stranger Things

gimme Season 2 plz

Spoiler for Ep8 (Click to View)
Overall, a good show, I enjoyed it.
Overall, a great series in my opinion. I enjoyed the 80s throwbacks and the soundtrack was amazing. Not to mention this show has one of the best child actors I've seen in a while.

I'd rate this show 10/10, I enjoyed every episode.
~~If you have concerns, please send it to one of the mods~~

Alright, three things I have to talk about in this post. I'll get to the most important one first.

I've just seen the pilot for this, and by god, I'm in love with this show. The love letter to the 80's as well as the Amblin/Stephen King tone is something I've desired to see more of this millennium since Super 8. I love those type of movies, and after Gravity Falls ended, this show is currently filling my hunger for good mystery shows. Favorite character so far is the sheriff, and wow, the reviews for this show were not kidding. Wynona Ryder is spectacular in this. And so is everyone involved. Great child actors.

The score is great as well. And good to see Matthew Modine in something again. Hadn't seen him since The Dark Knight Rises.

Watching some of the next episodes day by day. Really excited to see where this goes.

-------------------

Second thing I wanted to talk about is that Stranger Things has officially been renewed for a second season, and a teaser trailer's already been released containing what I assume are the names of future episodes.

-------------------

And third, someone did this and I'm very happy they did it:

“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
Painfully cliche-ridden horror, but it had some good bits. The creators were disppointed few picked up on the Elfen Lied homage (dangerous telekinetic girl escapes from a lab). I picked up on it. Even the name Eleven, which in German is "elf."
Knew SirDip would fall in love with this show...

Huh, not watch that anime at all so didn't pick up on it.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Once again, you've read my mind, Hana. We need to cease with this telepathic connection we're having. :P

Anyway, went through the whole show a few days before I started computer class again. Adore it. Favorite character is still Hopper, and favorite kid is Dustin. He's hilarious.

“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
C'mon, it was obvious that SirDip would love that show

(09-07-2016, 03:16 PM)RockSunner Wrote: The creators were disppointed few picked up on the Elfen Lied homage (dangerous telekinetic girl escapes from a lab). I picked up on it. Even the name Eleven, which in German is "elf."

Elfi Lied
I mean, I grew up on Spielberg movies, one of the most prominent being E.T. It was obvious I'd like the show's affinity to these 80's kid/supernatural films. :P

But it's not the only reason I love it. Despite using some cliche tropes, it didn't really detract from my enjoyment. I love the characters, the acting, and how the mystery started to unravel. Plus, Upside Down looks effin' awesome.

(09-07-2016, 05:19 PM)daJoschi Wrote: C'mon, it was obvious that SirDip would love that show

(09-07-2016, 03:16 PM)RockSunner Wrote: The creators were disppointed few picked up on the Elfen Lied homage (dangerous telekinetic girl escapes from a lab). I picked up on it. Even the name Eleven, which in German is "elf."

Elfi Lied

Indeed o__q