rule changes?: accessibility, clarity, necroposting
3 major points here: making the rules more easily accessible, adding clarifications to existing rules, and addressing necroposting. linking to the Forum Rules thread here for convenience.

Accessing the Rules
at the moment, rules are very out of the way. they're the last stickied topic in the News and Updates section, and are (correct me if i'm wrong) impossible to access any other way. it'd be great if it was easier to find them, especially for newer users.
we already have one global announcement thread that appears stickied no matter what section you're visiting: the Reporting Threads thread. would it be possible to tag the forum rules this way, too?

Rule Clarification
there are some oddly worded rules at the moment that might benefit from being changed up a bit.
namely:
Quote:Please try to keep a nice tone, or at least a subjective one towards
things and other members.
should "subjective" be "objective", or is it intentionally written this way?

Quote:Avoid double-posts. They sometimes occur due to technical issues,
but don't deliberately do them. If you have already posted and have something to add,
use the edit option!
is it worth mentioning that double posts can be acceptable in cases of bumping threads with new content?

Necroposting
so there's been a bit of necroposting lately, which, while not necessarily a bad thing, can contribute to spam and unnecessary posts. i don't think banning necroposts altogether is a good idea, because some really interesting discussions can come out of threads that haven't been used in awhile (e.g. threads about fears, horror, and some stickied threads that often aren't posted in for months at a time, such as forum history, forum departures, and politics.). the problem with necroposting only comes into play when people are bumping irrelevant or now duplicate threads without contributing anything to the subject.

it becomes an even bigger problem when people start reviving threads exclusively to get a reaction out of people, without any interest in actual having a conversation. the most notorious example that comes to mind is the shipping thread, which has been brought back many times to almost everyone's displeasure.

i don't know if there is anything we can actually do about this to make a difference, but i do think it should at least be addressed. at the moment, bad necro'd threads often end up staying active long after they're due to die, usually with plenty of complaining about the fact that the thread was revived.

if necroposting was mentioned in the rules, it might work as a deterrent to keep people from reviving threads without good reason. at the very least, it would formally discourage people from spamming old threads.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
That's a pretty good idea. I advocate this, but just to warn you, the people who like to call this place a permanent meme forum and strictly that won't be very happy with your displeasure towards bumping meme-y threads
I don't understand the necro-posting thing. I thought this forum's policy was having single rather than multiple of the same thread (which I like, more tidy and longer discussions) so it seems like it'd be easy to do unintentionally.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
(07-29-2016, 10:29 AM)BLARG Wrote: That's a pretty good idea. I advocate this, but just to warn you, the people who like to call this place a permanent meme forum and strictly that won't be very happy with your displeasure towards bumping meme-y threads

There's a difference between necroposting and posting jokes and images in a thread in the Random Section
(07-29-2016, 10:55 AM)Hanaurie Wrote: I don't understand the necro-posting thing. I thought this forum's policy was having single rather than multiple of the same thread (which I like, more tidy and longer discussions) so it seems like it'd be easy to do unintentionally.

Necroposting is a good thing when one has something meaningful to contribute to a specific topic. The problem, as Abia said, is reviving threads without a good reason.
[Image: ygNoHCo.png?fb]
That part needs to be defined a little better then because it's so subjective.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
(07-29-2016, 10:55 AM)Hanaurie Wrote: I don't understand the necro-posting thing. I thought this forum's policy was having single rather than multiple of the same thread (which I like, more tidy and longer discussions) so it seems like it'd be easy to do unintentionally.

Regarding Hope's recent post in the second Good Day thread, she had to have known about the first thread everyone generally posts in now. That one was literally in the first page, so there's no way she could have missed it.

Plus yeah, on that matter, there are some threads that cover the exact same topic. As previously mentioned, the two Good Day threads, and the Guardians Of The Galaxy ones. Both of these should be merged.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]

:C
??????

What are you doing?
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
I am sad my thread will be merged for the greater good. LSP's face will no longer great people on the good day thread and that was my one good thread too :(