The Gravity Falls Pilot

This is a clip from the unreleased pilot. What do you think about it?
The animation looks much less smooth and a little darker. I'm glad it
now looks the way it does, but I do like that design for Grunkle Stan a lot!
Oh my...It looks more like a highish quality fanmade animation as opposed to something finished and refined. I think that the character designs are pretty good for Dipper, Mabel, and Norman. Stan looks like a mismatch of everything but the kitchen sink . _.

But ya as you said, I appreciate the current one much more lol.
That's weird, the design of Stan was the one I liked the most. XD
The Disney Channel logo is on this, making me think this might have been once aired on TV.

On YouTube, people are complaining about the Flash style computer animation and how it's awful compared to the hand drawn animation of the final product.

But the whole point of a pilot is that it's a quick way to demonstrate the basic idea of how the show will be like. If they pick it up they have time to improve on it and other episodes.
I have a feeling when Alex releases "The bluray DVDs with the works" he'll probably add this as a hidden feature. He knows many people are obsessing over finding this gem, but he also doesn't want to release it because he doesn't like it compared to the final result - so why not have it to watch, but only if the fans are clever enough to find it? Yep.
NEW image in production
I'm keeping: Stan's Fez, F's Laptop, Pacifica's Dog, and ☆Bill's Top Hat☆

We more than likely won't see the pilot until sometime after the series is done with. Reason being that the pilot more than likely spoils many things that are supposed to happen at the remaining end of episodes of Season 2. (In the highlight reel we saw Dipper chasing a UFO, and the crew falling into the bottomless pit)
In the 2 1/2 years since this thread was made, 2 more videos of the pilot have been released:

So much dang footage but not a full thing.
Every time we get a preview it seems all over the place, some Gnomes, a UFO crash, Dipper using a Ouija board, and heck, what's with the new guy TMoGF posted that was a enemy in the episode? The one that looked like a clown.
NEW image in production
I'm keeping: Stan's Fez, F's Laptop, Pacifica's Dog, and ☆Bill's Top Hat☆

That reminds me, a few new clips were posted from the episode!

oh funk gotta dronk my honk
I think they just complied all the ideas they had for the show in he pilot.

Also that's either a really different wendy or a whole new character
~~If you have concerns, please send it to one of the mods~~