The Gravity Falls Pilot
Fun fact, the reason that the pilot was such a slow animation was because of it being made with a budget flash animation studio. Glad they changed that
[Image: SugdXdJ.gif]
(08-16-2016, 08:42 PM)RainbowQuartz Wrote: Fun fact, the reason that the pilot was such a slow animation was because of it being made with a budget flash animation studio. Glad they changed that

I couldn't tell that it was different.
Bill Cipher (Click to View)
[Image: 19aa19032b0674bf3d33967b7d301c6b.gif]
They look more like actual 12 year olds in the pilot as opposed to cartoon characters if that makes any sense.
[Image: eM0FPqU.gif]
Animation is noticeably less smooth yeah, but hey, it's Flash, Flash is inherently a little ropey. It's also really cheap, hence it being used for test reels like this one.

That said, the character designs are pretty cool in it. I imagine if the places were switched we'd still gravitate to the familiar over the new. :)
[Image: a8wTLcn.png]
GRAPPLING HOOK!
I was prompted to watch it again.

I agree on the character designs, we're used to the ones from the series but the one's in the pilot do look a lot more believably like 12.

Some things I noticed/didn't really discuss before:

-The narration is much better in Ep1 going exactly where it needs to as opposed to in the pilot. I can see what it was trying to do but it's interesting to see how and why it doesn't work as well.
-Dipper was called Dylan, I can rest happy.
-Ford is Dr. Crackpot, why did I forget to make fun of that?
-Thing that looks like a thestral next to the page on Gnomes
-Colour of Mabel's socks change
-Funny how Mabel's braces were only ever used/mentioned in the show twice.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Wait, they called him Dylan in the pilot? I must have missed that.
[Image: eM0FPqU.gif]