Writer's Corner
Just a place for us writers to discuss ideas, share our goals, and exchange helpful advice.
WOO HOO

Finally I can discuss things. Okay, so honestly I've been trying to write more original stories lately, but since I'm getting sucked into Supernatural, I'd like to try it just so I can kind of....I guess initiate myself into this fandom. I am all for experimental writing, but it's hard sometimes, you know?
"do not burn the candle at both ends, as it leads to the life of a hairdresser."
I'm taking a Novel writing class (starting this Thursday!) So I might be posting some of the things I learn here. C:
I'm about as edgy as a ball of raw cookie dough 
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
That'd be really nice, Seer! Please, by all means. That's what this thread is for.
Does anyone think their writing style has changed over time?
"do not burn the candle at both ends, as it leads to the life of a hairdresser."
I definitely do. I used to not include any emotion at all into my stories. "She broke her leg. She called her mom to bring her to the hospital. Her mom brought her to the hospital. She was subdued and put into a cast."
[Image: ygNoHCo.png?fb]
I write! I'm not very good - but I want to work on it. Getting into roleplay forums has probably helped in some ways, but I need to work on my pacing, emotion and some other stuff.
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
(09-04-2016, 05:07 AM)Darth_Vader Wrote: WOO HOO

Finally I can discuss things. Okay, so honestly I've been trying to write more original stories lately, but since I'm getting sucked into Supernatural, I'd like to try it just so I can kind of....I guess initiate myself into this fandom. I am all for experimental writing, but it's hard sometimes, you know?

Son of a...

[Image: promo-4.jpg?1579747026887961252]

Well I'm still struggling to get over my block with comics and the writing side...very close now and I've come a long way.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
(09-04-2016, 05:17 AM)Eternal-E Wrote: I definitely do. I used to not include any emotion at all into my stories. "She broke her leg. She called her mom to bring her to the hospital. Her mom brought her to the hospital. She was subdued and put into a cast."

I am the exact opposite of you in this case. I used to include way too much angst and emotion in the story and was not very good at describing action.
Well, there's a clear way to fix that. [Image: latest?cb=20111102072337]
[Image: ygNoHCo.png?fb]