Writer's Corner
Does anyone have any advice about adding emotional bits to a story? I'm trying to think of ways but I can't seem to imagine anything.
Made by FunnyFany
[Image: latest?cb=20150502165211]
[Image: donkey_kong_fan_button__updated__by_requ...5h4w0c.png]
DK is coming to steal your bananas. And kick some ass. And steal more bananas.
Well, what's your topic?
"do not burn the candle at both ends, as it leads to the life of a hairdresser."
I just mean in general. I'm not writing anything at the moment.
Made by FunnyFany
[Image: latest?cb=20150502165211]
[Image: donkey_kong_fan_button__updated__by_requ...5h4w0c.png]
DK is coming to steal your bananas. And kick some ass. And steal more bananas.
Hm. Well, it really depends on what emotion you're going for. But a good way to get emotion into any story is to use metaphors and similies to describe what you're going for.

Ex: sadness would be like:

A black raincloud hung heavy above his head all day. It blocked his rational train of thought like a brick wall, not allowing him to surpass the infinite grief that kept his heart in chains.

It doesn't have to be that sappy, but you get the picture.
"do not burn the candle at both ends, as it leads to the life of a hairdresser."
Writing a character's stream of consciousness can be a really good way to express emotion and get to know them better.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
Yeah, you have to know your character well.
don't come up with an idea and then try to build a story around it

come up with an idea, formulate it, THEN come up with a story for it

that was the death of my first ever story
If Romance Academy 7 and Fight Fighters are video games that means there are multiple copies with multiple Rumbles and Giffanies

[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]

Memes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhD7rdK7rJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbsOLFL3vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_JV5gU1LY
Amusingly enough, I used to write a hell of a lot more than I do now when I was younger. Had these few ideas for series I wrote plot synopsis for, and one in particular I was serious on getting off the ground (as in, getting animators, fellow script writers, and such). But it never went anywhere.

Over the years I've been losing that creative drive I had and getting writer's block 95% of the time, which is why I stopped for a long while (although To The Ends Of The Earth is something I'm still working on with Hana, it's been on hold for a while now as well).
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
(I'm not even sure why it's on hold...well, internet for now but...)
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Well I put it on hold in the first place because of the personal stuff you were dealing with at the time, and it stayed that way since my brain once again will not allow me to come up with anything again(for now).
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]