Writer's Corner
Yeah which I needed. Well how about we take a shot at it as soon as my internet's up to speed again?
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Weekends, maybe, when you get it fixed?

Got more time to think around then, and I'd be much more relaxed.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
Sounds perfect then because I've been working on getting VK off the ground while I re-work The End.

But yeah, as soon as this mess gets sorted X(
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
I mentioned the other day in the Bad Day Thread that I began work on a new project...and I have to say that I'm impressed with my progress so far. I've already managed to write fifteen pages this past few of days, which is more than I have done in recent times. I'm taking some suggestions from Stephen King's On Writing: a writer should only spend up to three months working on the first draft of their novel, otherwise, it becomes more tedious. I want to try to aim for five pages a day now before I meet that deadline.

Honestly, if anyone is looking for a good book on writing advice, you should seriously check this novel out. It inspired me a lot.
^that's so awesome!
I'm about as edgy as a ball of raw cookie dough 
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
I'd say, if I were asked what was the best advice to create some good world-building within a story, along with the other important elements, they'd be:

1. Develop your characters and make them three-dimensional. The days of characters who are just one note and nothing more are slowly fading away and no one tolerates such lazy characterization anymore. Make your readers care about them/be intrigued by them by making either sufficiently likable, flawed, or villainous.

2. If you're planning to write various stories that continue off one another, it is a lot better for you to plan out mostly what you intend to reveal/develop later on at the beginning, otherwise it'll be more difficult for you to come up how to integrate something later on if it ends up not fitting with things you've previously established nor would they be as well integrated. This is one of the reasons why Gravity Falls works so well. If you have an overall idea of the beginning, middle and end of your series, it's much easier for you. Figure out your story before you start writing it.

3. If you're gonna utilize some cliche tropes, at least try to do something different with them or just take from their best features.

I realize this post is probably a little vague and rambling at this point, but I felt the need to give my thoughts on how to create a good story. Will probably elaborate more when I'm not sleep deprived.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
So I'm planning for a very large story but I don't have a whole lot of time to write it.

Some of you guys have heard about it before, it's a collaboration I'm doing and it's about Ford's time in the portal. We had a story out but with the arrival of the journal our story has seen a rewrite so that it can fit with canon events. My partner and I are short on time because of school, so the project hasn't been touched in months.

So what I'm asking is: is it a better idea to rewrite our story so that it fits with canon events or just go ahead with what we already had?
"do not burn the candle at both ends, as it leads to the life of a hairdresser."
Ooh, Writer's Corner thread, fun! :D

To answer your question, Darth_Vader, you could just write it as you planned and say it's slightly AU.
Triangulum, entangulum.
Veneforis dominus ventium. Veneforis venetisarium.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"We'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when...
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."
Oh cool, a formal thread for this thing. I typically ask for and dispense writing wisdoms on the discord, but I figure anything I post there I might also post in this topic in the future.
Another Yung Venuz, from Abia (Click to View)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1623]
@darth
I'd edit some minor things (such as names, or the design of something) to be more cannon, but if you need to rewrite the entire thing for it to be aligned with cannon, I'd just roll with what you have. I mean, writing is hard work.
I'm about as edgy as a ball of raw cookie dough 
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]