Another Gompers clue in Journal 3 replica?
(09-20-2016, 02:52 PM)MysterySeeker Wrote: Also, crackpot theory: Gompers is the goat Grembert kicked away, trying to warn his past self not to use the potion.

Although there is a lot of time travel in GF plots, it doesn't seem necessary in this case. It seems Grembert was transformed into a very young goat and taken to dimension "46'\", where he remained. The story doesn't say that the goat Grembert kicked was very young, so that would require an extra time and dimensional trip later on.

I think that it was part of the irony of his fate. Grembert doesn't like goats, so he was turned into one. Or perhaps it was his fate to be turned into the last kind of animal that he touched.

More ideas on his potion goals. He thought the results of that night would give him a new higher status. Marrying a princess would do that. Just for fun, I'll say it was Princess Unatainabelle he was after. Princesses in such tales are often found in towers.

A transformed wizard would have the credentials to be appointed the 4th Forest Guardian by the gnomes, or by whatever authority in Gravity Falls is responsible for such things.

One more possible reference. Since the wizard who temporarily owned Gompers lacked the right kind of currency to get into the Mystery Shack, perhaps he turned himself invisible so he could get in for free.
How would he then pay with Gompers if he couldn't be seen, and thus would never have to pay?

Also, one contradiction to your theory. In the story it says that "everyone of any status at all was away at Princess Twendeline's Sweet 16 Lip-Syncing performance", which would include princess Unobtainable, otherwise it would not have been worded this way.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
(09-20-2016, 06:13 PM)MysterySeeker Wrote: How would he then pay with Gompers if he couldn't be seen, and thus would never have to pay?
It may not work. Ford knew this wizard was there and documented him in Journal 3 long before the Mystery Shack had any attractions. Still, it goes to show that wizards were around the area.

Quote:Also, one contradiction to your theory. In the story it says that "everyone of any status at all was away at Princess Twendeline's Sweet 16 Lip-Syncing performance", which would include princess Unobtainable, otherwise it would not have been worded this way.
All we really know:
1) The target is a person or animal (they have eyes)
2) They are "deemed worthy" for some reason
3) They are in a tower which is normally guarded
4) This is a "dark task"
5) Grembert thinks everyone will "know what to call" him after he does it
Here are the images for comparison. I notice the ear Grembert is holding (presumably the lost one) is not on the same side as Gomper's broken horn, but oh well...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)