Nier: Automata
The upcoming sequel to the 2010 Square-Enix game Nier (itself a spinoff of Drakengard 1), produced by Platinum Games and directed by Yako Taro, slated to come out in early 2017.
Trailer:

Some super sick game play footage:

So, anyone else enthused for this game?

And if you haven't played the original Nier, you should! It's pretty cool.
[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]
[Image: tumblr_ndbolzrktU1qhccbco7_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_ndbolzrktU1qhccbco2_250.gif]
Personally, I feel that completely avoiding trailers and images is unwise, though I can understand an aversion to trailer fatigue. I personally haven't played Nier, so I'm none too sure about the topic itself, but I do find that Platinum Games have had a certain charming informality to them, and Square Enix is good at long, intricate stories, so this sounds up my gangway, figuratively speaking.

I might have to check out Nier.
Another Yung Venuz, from Abia (Click to View)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1623]
(10-05-2016, 03:31 AM)Ontheceiling Wrote: Personally, I feel that completely avoiding trailers and images is unwise, though I can understand an aversion to trailer fatigue.
Yeah, I can agree with that.

(10-05-2016, 03:31 AM)Ontheceiling Wrote: I might have to check out Nier.

You definitely should. It's gameplay may not be anything to write home about, but it's not bad, and the rest of the game remains incredibly poignant and interesting. At the very least, it deserves a watch through of an lp. A problem might be the multiple endings, which is one of the game's major draws (it's part of Taro's game-making ethos), and I'm not aware of an lp that has them all. But I'm sure you could probably find one.

(10-05-2016, 03:31 AM)Ontheceiling Wrote: I personally haven't played Nier, so I'm none too sure about the topic itself, but I do find that Platinum Games have had a certain charming informality to them, and Square Enix is good at long, intricate stories, so this sounds up my gangway, figuratively speaking.

From what I can tell of your gaming tastes, it very well may be up your gangway. Your mention of Platinum Games brings an interesting point: the only problem most fans have with the game is its lackluster gameplay, so many fans are incredibly excited to have Platinum Games working on the project. From what I can tell, the combat is really light and responsive, and very fast-paced, in the same vein as Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
[Image: tumblr_ndbolzrktU1qhccbco7_250.gif] [Image: tumblr_ndbolzrktU1qhccbco2_250.gif]
So, I've been thinking a lot about how Automata is going to tie in with Nier.

I'll probably have more thoughts later.
I played the demo recently. All I can say is "goddamn." This may be my favorite platinum game ever.

The demo doesn't give much story info, I've noticed, but as a demo of its gameplay, I was honestly blown away by how much fun it is. It's so fluid and responsive and satisfying. It could straight up be the best melee action game of the current generation.

Also weapon story hype.
K, so, I got this game on the 2nd, but due to some unfortunate technological circumstances, i wasnt able to post about it until rn. Yeesh. In that time, i played through the game and got all the endings except ending E because, true to form, the final mini game is fucking hard.

Anyway, i cant post all of my thoughts due to circumstances, but i will say that its a truly amazing game, and i highly recommend it if you're a fan of action games, even if you've never played the original nier. Great gameplay with a great story, makes for a fun time.

Its a great feeling when you're hyped for a game and it comes out to rock your socks off