Bill Cipher is literally GOD (Warning: Kinda touchy religious subjects ahead.)
Bill Cipher is literally God. Let me explain.

First off, let's see how old Bill Cipher is. According to him, he was trapped in the Nightmare Realm for one trillion years. According to scientists, the Universe and time itself has only existed for 13.75 billion years, a minuscule fraction of one trillion. So he is older than the Universe, and what else?

Well, what is a major concept in Christianity? The Holy Trinity. Note: Trinity. As in 3. 3 sides of a Triangle. Bill is a Triangle.

In addition, the Eye of Providence is described as the eye of God, looking down upon lesser entities. Bill Cipher's body is basically the Eye of Providence symbol, a symbol that is tied with many conspiracy theories.

Now, there is ALSO a metaphysical concept known as "The Absolute", an omnipotent force around which everything else revolves. What would fill that role in the Gravity Falls universe? Weirdness. Weirdness is the Absolute Reality. And Bill is the master of Weirdness. Therefore.....

And finally, to put the final nail in the coffin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-suvkwNYSQo

This atheist says that the Judeo-Christian God would be a sociopath. A being of careless insanity who allowed a creation so filled with evil to come to pass. And who, may I ask, is an insane, destructive, omnipotent character we know who is older than the Universe?

Bill Cipher.

Game, Set, Match. Bill Cipher is God.
Reality is an Illusion, that's what Bill always says! WEIRDNESS IS THE ONLY CONSTANT IN THIS UNIVERSE!

(I know my profile pic is Bipper, I have no image for my OC)
If Bill was god, he would know everything and be all powerful, and would most certainly not be trapped inside the town once he made it into our world. The thing is, Bill acts more powerful and knowing than he really is. He couldn't tell the Stans apart, he relies on other people to do his work for him, and he couldn't even get into our world before 2012. Bill might have made deals with humans throughout history, but only because he was not able to control our universe, or the nightmare dimension.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
Then the Axolotl must be the god of salsa seeing as Bill called upon him in his final moments.
That "final nail" is kind of a point of view.
If salty and bitter are flavors, why isn't spite?
I'll take this opportunity to compare Bill to the X-Men villain Apocalypse.

Both are extremely powerful beings who are incredibly narcissistic and view each other as omnipotent beings, or this in case, gods. Except they aren't. They're confident enough in their victory that it ultimately results in their downfall, they have flaws which prevent them from fully achieving what they want, and if they truly were God, they could have ended the world with the snap of a finger and boom, no obstacles to stand in their way.

Like Seeker stated, Bill's cockiness and showman act led people to believe he was more powerful than he already was, which is obviously not the case. He's not exactly that bright if he couldn't distinguish both Stans (he should have noticed Stan having six fingers as well as him having Ford's cleft chin) from each other by noticing the little details. He was just too bathed in his success at that moment to really pay attention, and that really bit him in the ass at the end when he was deceived and destroyed by, ironically, another showman character, Stan.

While he is older than the Milky Way, Bill could never be God because he's very much imperfect.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
Theoretically, he could be perceived in the terms Greek Gods were: short-tempered and cocky, yet powerful and intelligent.
If Romance Academy 7 and Fight Fighters are video games that means there are multiple copies with multiple Rumbles and Giffanies

[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]

Memes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhD7rdK7rJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbsOLFL3vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_JV5gU1LY
Yeah, I find that a much more appropritate comparison. But Rich is comparing him to Jehova here, the Christian God.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
Oh, no. If he WERE a god (or God, I don't know which way to say it) of that level, then the Earth would be gone as fast as he could destroy things. Theoretically he could be a mind god (or God), and have that same level of power but in minds, as he is extremely powerful in your head, and choose not to exercise it unless needed.
If Romance Academy 7 and Fight Fighters are video games that means there are multiple copies with multiple Rumbles and Giffanies

[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]

Memes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhD7rdK7rJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbsOLFL3vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_JV5gU1LY
Rainbow 
Seems more like he fits the bill of Apollyon, the Destroyer. There are other names for similar roles, but that one seems nearest to me.

TANGENT ! ! !
As to classifying any god as a “sociopath”, I don't think that the concept fits. One human could be sociopathic to another, but the relationship changes when you qualify as a god.
Of course, then you might ask whether a prince (king or queen, et al) would be considered sociopathic regarding abuses of their subjects. The difference there being that a prince is positioned by consent of the subjects, whereas a god is entitled by merits beyond any subjects' immediate control.

Or, something like that.
What makes God? Personally I'd say Omniscience, Omnipotence and Omnipresence personally. Prior to gaining a form in the third dimensional plane Cipher was stated to exist in infinite realities simultaneously along with being able to see all of these infinities. But for his virtual omnipresence and omniscience he didn't have much power. Or at least not much power outside of his own plane and the Nightmare realm. Upon gaining a form in the third dimensional plane he was stated to be a threat to existence itself meaning he had the power to possibly destroy an infinite multiverse with his presence with his power only being limited by Gravity Falls IWM ( Innate Weirdness Magnetism ) which was caused by the presence of pan dimensional beings who existed in an 11th dimension. A plane of existence that is beyond infinite possibilities and enters into the realm of the how and why. And apparently even these beings feared Cipher's power. That's pretty close to omnipotence if I've ever seen it. The downside is that his seeming omniscence and omnipotence he demonstrated in the Twitter AMA's seems to have abandoned him when he took a form in the 3rd dimensional plane. It seems that while one can be virtually omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent you can't be all of those simultaneously. So while Cipher certainly has godlike power and approaches the power of God, capital G, he falls just short.