BioShock
making a thread to cater to my current obsession

gameplay-wise i found it fun, but i haven't played many first person shooters so I'm not the best judge. The story builds up pretty slowly and drags on at parts, but the twist is good and I think it's definitely worth a play. final boss & bad ending are both terrible. Ryan and Atlas are great characters and there's a lot of personality and detail in the backgrounds. it gets eerie at parts. I love it

BioShock 2 i haven't finished yet but am currently working through. The scenery, especially the underwater bits, is amazing. Story isn't as intriguing and Lamb isn't nearly as much fun as Ryan & Fontaine were. but the splicers have more personality than in 1 and I'm still having fun playing it

haven't touched Infinite yet

good games definitely worth a shot please discuss thanks
[spoiler] your spoilers
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
As far as FPS Bioshock is kind of one of the unique ones it's pretty hard to find many like it in a world where Call of Duty, Tom Clancy, and Battlefield pretty much make up the genre

I still say Bioshock Infinite is my favorite
[Image: Pete+Dunne+Bitter+End+to+Roy+Johnson.gif]
so far BioShock 2 is a lot more fun gameplay-wise, but the Big Sisters are incredibly annoying. They're not that difficult to beat but they take a lot of time and dealing with them is just tiresome.

It might just be that I'm going through BS2 a lot more carefully than I did BS1, but I'm finding the atmosphere a lot better. It's better in pretty much every area except for story. At this point I'm not sure which I prefer. BS2 is more fun to play but I don't find the characters engaging and that's really important to me in a game. I love playing as a character who's trying to protect someone instead of trying to kill them, but Lamb is just so incredibly boring and bitchy that it's hard to ignore.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
the (relatively) long-awaited patch update is here for the PC remastered versions!

Quote:BioShock 1
  • Field-Of-View is now adjustable from 75 to 130 in the Graphics Options Menu.
  • 21:9 Resolutions are now available. UI supports 2 modes (Stretch or Centered) at these resolutions.
  • Resolved several graphical issues on NVidia hardware
  • New Graphics options available for lower-end machines
  • Mouse Button 4 and 5 assignments fixed
  • Mouse Icon Size is now adjustable and will scale with resolution.
  • Several improvements have been made to Mouse Sensitivity, Threshold, and Buffering
  • Settings will no longer automatically reset on improperly shutting down BioShock
  • Speaker Mode should now be selectable from the Audio Options Menu
  • Fixed an initialization bug with Audio System.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes

BioShock 2
  • Field-Of-View is now adjustable from 75 to 130 in the Graphics Options Menu.
  • 21:9 Resolutions are now available. UI supports 2 modes (Stretch or Centered) at these resolutions.
  • Mouse Button 4 and 5 assignments fixed.
  • Mouse Icon Size is now adjustable and will scale with resolution.
  • Several improvements have been made to Mouse Sensitivity, Threshold, and Buffering
  • DirectX 11 Performance improvements
  • Fixed several graphical issues with Occlusion Culling.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes

https://steamcommunity.com/games/409710/...0519446538
not a ship
ok so i just finished the second game. i absolutely loved it. i don't feel like rewriting my thoughts on it so i'm just going to copy and paste them from my post on reddit.

not a ship
I just got BioShock Infinite last night! Loving it so far, super excited to continue playing. Man these games are amazing.
not a ship
Alright, I just got the collection for PS4 a couple of days ago and I'm about halfway through the first game. It's hands down one of the best FPS I've ever played. Right off the bat, I want to say that the game is gorgeous. They nailed the atmosphere, with the 1950s art-deco style. Hell, it's worth playing for that alone.
Combat's great too, love all the different plasmid options. Also, a little thing I appreciate is how that if you die, the enemy's health isn't reset, letting you pick up where you left off.
Splicers, in particular, I'm finding interesting as characters. They're not zombies, they're fully aware of what they are. It's like they want you to kill them, just to put them out of their misery.
Speaking of characters, all of them here are phenomonal. Ryan's probably my favourite so far, a really interesting villain.
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
(12-23-2016, 04:03 PM)Magpie Wrote: Also, a little thing I appreciate is how that if you die, the enemy's health isn't reset, letting you pick up where you left off.
not sure how that's a positive, that sounds really easy to abuse. then again, i haven't played ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yo #teens! While you're out there gettin rad remember that your death is 100% inevitable & all life is meaningless, bae.✌

Yeah, that was a huge problem with 1 IMO. Got to the point where you didn't need to learn to fight at all, and could just die over and over again to defeat your enemies. Brilliant strategy!

The atmosphere is great, definitely my favorite thing about 1. Except maybe Atlas. He was my favorite, still might be if I didn't like Sinclair from 2 so much.
Was never a fan of Tenenbaum.

How are you taking care of the Little Sisters?
not a ship
if i get some steam money i might buy this game.

i'll probably just kill everything lol
Yo #teens! While you're out there gettin rad remember that your death is 100% inevitable & all life is meaningless, bae.✌