Study Group
Question 
A place to ask for or discuss ideas, techniques and share resources to help with peoples studies.
First of all, I can't say this enough - PLAN PLAN PLAN PLAN PLAN PLAN PLAN PLAN PLAN

Plan out your study! Make a timetable, spreadsheet, mindmap, notice board, whatever floats you boat. I like to make myself a timetable, with the times I'll be studying and for what subjects. Being detailed also is good here, and colour-coding it helps as well. Make sure you allow yourself breaks, sufficient sleep and days off, as well - that's important in general. Probably the most important thing when you make a study timetable is to stick to it - while it's important to be flexible with it, it's not going to do you any good if you flat-out ignore it.
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
I normally have to rely on note cards if I'm studying terms. If something can't really be made into note cards, it's best to either memorize it or at least be able to summarize your material. Other methods that work is to make yourself a quiz or test with your material (works if you're studying math).
"do not burn the candle at both ends, as it leads to the life of a hairdresser."
I used to pin up things on doors, walls or anywhere I'd see them often enough. That was pretty handy for remembering equations or complicated names. I'd make sure to add colour or add something visual.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Lately I've been playing around with different ways of organizing my notes. I used to do them all with different types of bullets but no indents, and thought that was pretty efficient. But lately I've been spacing everything more carefully and I find that I use my notes a lot more frequently now that they're better organized. I'm trying to find a pattern of highlighting that works but so far whatever I try just looks like a multicolored mess.

I've also been writing down what I have to do for school more diligently and clearly, and I think that helps a lot with making sure everything gets done. Yeah I ignore and skip things all the time, but at least I'm not forgetting them.

Something I really need to work on is getting homework and projects done before spending time on the computer. If I put aside everything else, I work efficiently, but I hate coming home from school only to immediately start schoolwork again.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship

Well this helped me a bit so...
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
^I really should watch that sometime

No seriously, I have really bad motivation/procrastination problems
If salty and bitter are flavors, why isn't spite?
I had it on while I was drawing. If you want maybe put it on when you'd otherwise put on music.
Another tip and this one may be tricky and weird to explain but... I sort of try and trick my brain into enjoying the subject matter if that makes any sense? For example I'm not good at maths but I do enjoy it when I understand it, it's kind of soothing and I latch onto that. idk, trying to think of one good thing about a subject matter can help in my experience, as cheesy and dumb as it sounds, helps with procrastination, motivation and confidence. Course it doesn't work for everything I suppose but I've found it to be good practice.

(11-07-2016, 05:17 PM)Nefari Wrote: Something I really need to work on is getting homework and projects done before spending time on the computer. If I put aside everything else, I work efficiently, but I hate coming home from school only to immediately start schoolwork again.

Maybe time a 15-20 minute break, grab a snack and drink?