The Dark Side of the Moon
The Dark Side of the Moon is a studio album created by the band Pink Floyd in 1973. "Why create a thread dedicated to just one album and not the band huh?" Bevause I feel that this album is the band's Magnum opus, but despite that this thread basically is just a thread for Pink Floyd so oh well. You see this Album isn't any ordinary album; it's what's called a concept album, meaning that it isn't just a bunch of random songs scrunched together— each song is connected by an overarching theme. TDSotM or just DSotM has been theorized to be about how it is that we as humans can go completely over the edge. It has songs that include topics such as death of close ones (The Great Gig in the Sky- "Why should I be frightened of dying?"), Becoming rich and losing yourself to greed (Money- "Money, Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.), Growing old and losing the chance to fulfill yourself (Time- "Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time. Plans that either come to naught, or half the page is scribbled lines.), And losing yourself to being drafted into war. (Us and Them- "Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died. The general—he sat—and the lines on the map moved from side to side.) So of course you can imagine this is pretty deep here. So if you would like to help me analyze anything else in this album— or any other Pink Floyd albums, be sure to post here! Here are some albums that maybe you would be interested in listening to and analyzing if you haven't heard them already:

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn
Atom Heart Mother
Meddle
Wish You Were Here
Animals
The Wall
The Final Cut
The Division Bell
Or any other Pink Floyd works not mentioned.
Shine on you Crazy diamond...