Bill through the Ages (Some Journal Spoilers)
Welp here is one of my slightly crazy Gravity Falls theories. Beware a bunch of brackets, blocks of text, and journal spoilers:

Well, this is half a theory and half a question. What did Bill Cipher do before the whole Weirdmaggedon thing? All that we know that happened before him meeting Ford is that the natives didn't like him and that the shaman dude was one of the first (Did Bill have him make the first one?) to make the portal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the pyramids and Stone henge supposed to be, like, super advanced? Bill could have, while looking for the right people and the right place (like a place with a weirdness magnet, but I don't think that was imperative.) asked some civilization to build a portal. Picture the scenario: Bill finds somebody smart or influential. He tells him the sales pitch he used on Ford, it works. He gives them great insights, and eventually tells them the portal plan. They fail.

Also, some people might have ALWAYS seen him as trust worthy. I mean, Bill Cipher is on the American dollar, and is called 'The Eye of PROVIDENCE'

So there's my weird conspiracy theory. I might edit it when insight hits. (Not from my Muse, in case you are wondering)
If salty and bitter are flavors, why isn't spite?
Well, the Cipher File has a Roman-looking text in it on Bill, plus the summoning chant's in Latin. So he's connected to Rome.

Meanwhile, Bill calls upon either the Axolotl (a South American salamander known for its regenerative properties) or Xolotl (an Aztec deity of death and twins) in his death throws. There's also the pyramids down there. So we've got a connection to ancient South America.
My favorite scene Remember- EVERYTHING is a conspiracy! I'm keeping: the infinity sided die, the gyphon from DD&mD, Dippy Fresh's Corpse, and *Mabel's Gummy Worm Video*
[Image: tumblr_nyrl1z6Tg11urvdxfo1_540.gif]
There's more. Bill notes that the pyramids were based off of him.
Ford says he's older than time itself and Bill clearly had been planing Weirdmaggedon for a long time, so I'm not surprised a lot of civilizations had references to him in their cultures.
Madness is Amazingness!
[Image: tumblr_nyb3peWkus1uq9ys2o1_500.gif]
Well, yeah. But we know that he's done more than influence the Mayans, Egyptians, Romans, and probably others. We're looking for how far that influence extends through space and time.
My favorite scene Remember- EVERYTHING is a conspiracy! I'm keeping: the infinity sided die, the gyphon from DD&mD, Dippy Fresh's Corpse, and *Mabel's Gummy Worm Video*
[Image: tumblr_nyrl1z6Tg11urvdxfo1_540.gif]
Probably pan dimensional since there's a version of him for every reality.