Cbox
I've just been thinking about this lately - would a Cbox work better than a shoutbox on this forum? Now, I know we have the Discord, but a nice thing about the shoutbox inbuilt is that it's right there - just scroll down and bam. No extra accounts, nothing like that. The problem with it, though, is that every time there's a new post, it refreshes, making it slow to use.
I don't know if any of you have heard of a Cbox, but it's basically like a shoutbox that doesn't require the page to refresh and is instantaneous. I don't know if it's possible, but getting rid of the shoutbox and embedding a Cbox there instead would make it easier and faster for everyone to chat on this site.
Thoughts?

EDIT: Posted in the wrong section. This should be in Comments and Suggestions, oh well.
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
sounds like an okay idea, but seems a bit... i dunno, laggy? i have no clue though. if it can be implemented without lag, it'd probably be a good thing to add.
Yo #teens! While you're out there gettin rad remember that your death is 100% inevitable & all life is meaningless, bae.✌

I don't think it's a good idea to implement a 3rd party shoutbox, simply because you would be required to create a separate, non-Shack account in order to use it.

However, our current shoutbox is was last updated in 2008--it's not even built for the forum version the Shack used before the update. It's intended to be used for the version before that. Though it seems to be working with no issues for all 3 versions.

There is another shoutbox, which is currently the most downloaded and most recommended mod for MyBB--the DVZ shoutbox.

It looks like this:
[Image: preview_47371_1410973285_91696a403d37b96...781735.png]

It still requires that you refresh the page to view new messages, however, it turns off auto refresh when a user is inactive for a period of time.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
Why does it matter of it refreshes? Nothing has to be perfect, it is not a big problem and there's nothing buggy or broken about it.
Shine on you Crazy diamond...
It's interesting but I think we already have enough going on as it is...
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
(01-15-2017, 08:48 AM)BLARG Wrote: Why does it matter of it refreshes? Nothing has to be perfect, it is not a big problem and there's nothing buggy or broken about it.

well, the ideal would be no refreshing, since that would be no problem as opposed to "not a big problem"
personally there have been several times where i've been writing a message and have had the progress lost because of auto refreshing, especially on mobile
no it's not a big deal but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered

(01-15-2017, 12:15 PM)Baron Num Nums Wrote: It's interesting but I think we already have enough going on as it is...

a lot of plugins need to be updated in order to work properly, so i was just checking on this one to see what was up, and found out this stuff and then posted about it in case people were interested
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship