NaNoWriMo
national novel writing month
an annual event where people try and write an entire novel during the month of November.

i know we already have a thread for writers, but what about a thread specifically for nanowrimo? to discuss the event itself, their website, novels you've written/plan to write during November, progress, etc.

(i've looked around, and i'm pretty sure there isn't a thread for this yet)

should this be in a different section? i was thinking more about their website, but should this be in random section? or discussion?
I'm about as edgy as a ball of raw cookie dough 
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
(creative section...)

I always caution against NaNoWriMo as long as people keep in mind not to break themselves over it. It seems to be good as a tool for motivation, maybe to test oneself but it could easily lead to pushing tool far and then ending up with writers block, going two steps back.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Honestly at this point, having the novel writing months take place in december woud make more sense, a Novel written in one days isn't gonna turn out very well.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
That's a really good point too. There's hardly any holiday time in November. I guess that's the point to figure out how to balance work and writing but if the project's purpose is to help people with motivation problems that might be counter productive to some people. As long as people are reasonable about their goals it's fine but sadly a lot aren't :/ so I do end up worrying when people say they're taking this on.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
(11-30-2016, 01:37 AM)MysterySanta Wrote: a Novel written in one days isn't gonna turn out very well.

the intention is for it to be bad. as a motivator, it's supposed to get you to focus on getting work done instead of agonizing over edits and revisions, since that can be paralyzing for so many people. when you need to write that many words a day, you don't have time to stress out over the little things that should come later in the writing process.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
Literally never heard of it until now. Guess I'm late to the party once again... Maybe next year.
Made by FunnyFany
[Image: latest?cb=20150502165211]
[Image: donkey_kong_fan_button__updated__by_requ...5h4w0c.png]
DK is coming to steal your bananas. And kick some ass. And steal more bananas.
Go for it, just try it out.

(11-30-2016, 02:07 AM)Nefari Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 01:37 AM)MysterySanta Wrote: a Novel written in one days isn't gonna turn out very well.

the intention is for it to be bad. as a motivator, it's supposed to get you to focus on getting work done instead of agonizing over edits and revisions, since that can be paralyzing for so many people. when you need to write that many words a day, you don't have time to stress out over the little things that should come later in the writing process.

...That is a huge problem for me atm I must confess.
i don't think i'm gonna try it again until i'm MUCH more skilled at writing. having this as my first novel (actually, the first large writing project) ever did NOT turn out well.
I'm about as edgy as a ball of raw cookie dough 
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
But you had enough you could go over and edit like Nefa said right?
"Edits and revisions" were part of the reason I nearly broke myself like I mentioned in the Bad Day thread. Starting late, writers block, and being sick are a very bad combo.

Maybe I'll do better next year. But st least I got some done so I can actually expand on it slowly with no stress.
Triangulum, entangulum.
Veneforis dominus ventium. Veneforis venetisarium.
[Image: weirdmageddon2_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kdjsm.png][Image: bill_cipher_fan_button_by_taffytamuttonf...8iduwp.png]
"We'll meet again... don't know where, don't know when...
but I know we'll meet again some sunny day..."