Assassin's Creed
(12-20-2016, 03:57 PM)Magpie Wrote: Welp.
RIP this movie

I'm still gonna give it a chance.
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]
Yeah, don't start unbelieving AD1. Make your mind up for yourself.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
My thoughts on Assassin's Creed. Some Good, A lot of Bad, and Some Ugly.

No Spoilers.

I've been looking forward to this film for a long time. I've never played the AC games, but I thought the story sounded cool and I was excited that one of the best actors today Micheal Fassbender was starring in the film. I thought this film and Warcraft would break the video game movie curse. While I liked Warcraft okay, it wasn't great and a lot of people didn't like it. So I thought Assassin's Creed would be the first great video game movie. Was that the case?

No.

Micheal Fassbender gives a great performance in the film and his performance made me like his character. Unfortunately, that's the only thing I liked about his character. All the characters are pretty bland, undeveloped, and one dimensional. The acting is fine, but the characters are hollow shells. And Marion Cotillard is sleepwalking throughout the entire film.

When they go to the 14th century, it was great. The locations looked beautiful and some of the action and chase scenes were filmed well (When they didn't use the bad quick cut editing that's ruined a lot of action films). And the actual Assassin's Creed group has a cool background and Fassbender's assassin ancestor and the assassin Maria had a really nice bond (The only good bond in the film).

There's just not enough of the 15th century in the film. Most of the film is in the boring emotionless present day. This movie would've better if it was mostly set in the past and was all about The Assassin's Creed.

The main story about the villains The Knights Of Templar trying to get the Apple Of Eden to get rid of all human freewill makes no sense because it's never explained in the film why it can do that. The movie just assumes we all know.

I don't think this film is the complete disaster others critics are calling it, but I can understand why people would hate it. I enjoyed some of it and didn't like some of it.

2.5/5
What I find interesting is that on RT the critic's score is just at 19%, whereas the audience score is at 72% - higher than BvS's audience score of 64. Granted, almost five times the amount of people have rated BvS compared to AC, plus AC has barely been out for a week, but I find it kinda amusing.

Anyway, judging by the trailers, I feel like my biggest disappointment in this movie is going to be purely the fact that it isn't entirely set in the past. I feel like that could have been pretty cool, considering the games, and from most reviews I've seen, they seem to be the highlights.
[Image: tumblr_msneb3uvKx1qe8ujwo8_500.gif]
Never trust the audience score on RT. People can like something on that site without watching the movie.
Or y'know, hire out a click farm to like it for you and up the ratings. Which is why I never trust audience ratings or like ratios on any site anymore, too easy to twist, and that's not including ones where you can buy comments to give the impression of enthused fans.

Critics, though they can be asshats, at least get paid by their constituent site. Personally I follow a couple of critics in particular that I've grown to know well, so I know when they're just fanboying or talking stuff down, or when they're bang on the money on stuff.

Ultimately the main test is streaming it. If it's good, then go and support the production. If not, then you've saved yourself the price of a ticket.
[Image: a8wTLcn.png]
GRAPPLING HOOK!
(12-26-2016, 11:29 PM)CoffeeGrunt Wrote: Or y'know, hire out a click farm to like it for you and up the ratings. Which is why I never trust audience ratings or like ratios on any site anymore, too easy to twist, and that's not including ones where you can buy comments to give the impression of enthused fans.

Critics, though they can be asshats, at least get paid by their constituent site. Personally I follow a couple of critics in particular that I've grown to know well, so I know when they're just fanboying or talking stuff down, or when they're bang on the money on stuff.

Ultimately the main test is streaming it. If it's good, then go and support the production. If not, then you've saved yourself the price of a ticket.

Critics don't get paid by studios to give movies positive reviews.
(12-27-2016, 02:41 AM)AwesomeDude1 Wrote: Critics don't get paid by studios to give movies positive reviews.

(12-26-2016, 11:29 PM)CoffeeGrunt Wrote: Critics, though they can be asshats, at least get paid by their constituent site. Personally I follow a couple of critics in particular that I've grown to know well, so I know when they're just fanboying or talking stuff down, or when they're bang on the money on stuff.

Never said they did?
[Image: a8wTLcn.png]
GRAPPLING HOOK!
Ubisoft Survey Hints That Another Assassin’s Creed Movie May Happen – GameSpew

http://www.gamespew.com/2017/02/ubisoft-...ay-happen/
That's a clickbait title. There's nothing mentioning a survey in the article itself.

The writer is just expressing his thoughts on what he'd like a new Assassin's Creed movie to be should it get made.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]