Bill is Stan, Stan is Bill theory
(12-11-2016, 04:01 PM)AngelCupcakeeeeee Wrote: 20549

FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Well we are a Gravity Falls forum, guess we should be reacting to this.
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Bill Cipher (Click to View)
[Image: 19aa19032b0674bf3d33967b7d301c6b.gif]
Funny that my sis actually had a very similar theory after she finished watching the show.
Madness is Amazingness!
[Image: tumblr_nyb3peWkus1uq9ys2o1_500.gif]
What was her logic and the theory exactly?
Hold on. Let me just go through my facebook messages and find it.

EDIT: I derped!
My sis was actually the first to tell me about the theory! She added it to her AU idea and I guess my brain was trying to remember things but got other things mixed up. Yeah that makes total sense!
Any hoots here's what she said in terms of Bill in her AU: "So you know how there are theories about Bill still being alive in Grunkle Stan's mind, well I'll be using that. Bill will be learned to take control of a person's mind and 'share' the mind with them. Downfall for Bill is he can only do it for short periods, he hasn't mastered it yet. But he figured it is easier when the host is resting, so he will mainly take control during the night ( yes I realize its similar to the 1940's au, but ohwell) Also enter another person the host has to make a deal with another person(ie shake hands and say the word's "its a deal")."
Madness is Amazingness!
Go, go, go.......
So much derping from me! Tounge
Madness is Amazingness!
The evidence is pretty well-presented, but if there was anything intentionally hinted by the writers, why would they do it?

It could be easy to dismiss the evidence as a series of coincidences, but if it holds water then there must be a reason behind it.

This got me thinking — what, exactly, is Bill's purpose in the story? As in, why have Bill in the story at all? Does he actually serve a purpose in helping Hirsch deliver the essence of the story (as in, his personal, fantastical and nostalgic re-imagination of his childhood with his twin sister)? Or is Bill merely a one-dimensional (literally and figuratively) villain intended to make the story interesting and add some excitement?

Given that Stan's purpose as a foil and supporting character is quite clear, I think it may be easier to justify any link between him and Bill if Bill's purpose is defined to a similar extent.
PART 2

Madness is Amazingness!
Also we haven't realized that if Bill destroys past Bill then he would cease to exist...