Why did Gravity Falls has to end with Weirdmageddon?
I know Weirdmageddon was a perfect way to end the series, but I always wonder, why though? I know that it happened due to the interdimensional rift that Ford had, and Mabel gave it to Bill by accident, but it was kinda scary, weird, and sad to show the end of the world already :(

When Weirdmageddon begun, I knew things were about to end for the show, and it felt kinda rushed as well. The first part was good, but the downside, Mabel was absent, making Dipper the only character of the show, to speak throughout the episodes of the show. The second one was not that bad, except for Mabel's development wasn't that developed as a character, and of course, Dippy Fresh. During the final part of Weirdmageddon, It was AWESOME, but The Stan Twins did kinda took the main spotlight of it, even though it was still great and fantastic that Ford and Stan are getting along together ;)

In conclusion, Why Did Bill wanted Weirdmageddon to happen? Was his world boring or something? Was he upset with something? The world may never know.... P.S. How come Dipper and Mabel's story came to an end early during Weirdmageddon 2: Escape from Reality?
Your Math is no match for my gun, you Idiot!
[Image: 320?cb=20150805041959]
Some of the issues you brought up had answers. Sort of. Bill pretty much explained (sort of) why he'd been planning Weirdmageddon for a long time:

"But I wasn't always this way. You think those chains are tight? Imagine living in the second dimension. Flat minds in a flat world with flat dreams. I liberated my dimension, Stanford, and I'm here to liberate yours."

Plus, his line in Weirdmageddon Part I where he stated his dimension was decaying, so the puzzle pieces to his motivation are there, they're just not spoonfed to us. I think you should have paid better attention to the little details.

Second, I'd say an end of the world scenario taking place in the finale of any series is nothing to be surprised about. It ended when it should have ended (although not flawlessly).

Third, I'm not sure why you're confused about Dipper and Mabel's rift ending in the penultimate episode? It makes perfect sense. It's a story arc that had been building up since Not What He Seems (arguably before that) and having it conclude before the final episode when everything comes to a close is not exactly a perplexing idea.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
The issue is that they set up Dipper and Mabel making mistakes with the rift, yet they never resolve that.
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]
Yeah, that's one of the issues I had with the finale.

Although I was talking about the emotional rift rather than the actual rift, btw. xD
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
I agree, but that also felt rushed to me.
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]
(12-19-2016, 02:31 AM)AwesomeDude1 Wrote: The issue is that they set up Dipper and Mabel making mistakes with the rift, yet they never resolve that.

If it makes you feel any better, Deep Woods will cover that part as well.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk