Poll: Which expansion theme would you prefer?
This poll is closed.
Steven Universe
20.00%
4 20.00%
Infinity Train
15.00%
3 15.00%
Star vs the Forces of Evil
20.00%
4 20.00%
General cartoon discussion
25.00%
5 25.00%
General creative sharing & discussion
20.00%
4 20.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Forum Expansion: beyond Gravity Falls (part2)
Infinity Train is not a good idea, in my opinion. The show only has a pilot at the moment and isn't greenlit yet either, so if it was greenlit right now, we probably wouldn't see anything about it until one or two years from now.
Steven Universe and Star vs. would be the best options in my opinion.
oh funk gotta dronk my honk
Ah I thought had been greenlit already.

Alright then, the real question is how would it be organised then? Currently I'm looking at Star Trek BBS to get an idea of how you organise a wide range of shows. I guess simply a new primary topic is in order and we keep Gravity Falls?
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
I would say that we make part of the forum about creative sharing and the other parts about cartoons. I don't draw pretty much at all, so what would I gain from it? If we made the whole forum about creativity and drawing, it'd prompt multiple users to stop coming on because we wouldn't be near our original purpose.
If Romance Academy 7 and Fight Fighters are video games that means there are multiple copies with multiple Rumbles and Giffanies

[Image: giffany_button_by_sparrowag17-d9k3kov.png]

Memes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhD7rdK7rJA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njbsOLFL3vs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_JV5gU1LY
I have to agree with Nick. If we can plan out a way to organize it then we can combine a general cartoons forum and creative discussion into one
[Image: C6WcSq8VAAA1XiK.png] [Image: 58bf3199c9b3883486684133.gif]
(02-24-2017, 07:41 PM)TanooKrampus Wrote: I would say that we make part of the forum about creative sharing and the other parts about cartoons. I don't draw pretty much at all, so what would I gain from it? If we made the whole forum about creativity and drawing, it'd prompt multiple users to stop coming on because we wouldn't be near our original purpose.

Well, it would cover any kind of creative work, which would include game & level design.

Combining general cartoon + creative discussion sounds fine to me. For organization of something like that, I would imagine the forums like:
  • current "The Mystery Shack" category forums
  • New general cartoon discussion forums: 1 catch-all board similar to the current "Movies, Shows & TV" forum, for threads discussing specific shows; 1 catch-all "General cartoon discussion" board similar to GF "Show Discussion" board, for discussing general aspects of what makes a show good/bad, + Fandom Discussion board -- what other boards would fit this category?
  • New general creative forums: remove "Original Content" forum from "Mabel's Creativity Corner" category and divide its topics into several sections: Visual Media (drawings, paintings, videos), Writing, Interactive Media (games and such), + 1, more general forum to discuss broader subjects. There are a lot of different ways that a creative forum could be set up though (e.g. could have a "Seeking Critique" forum for people who specific feedback about what's bad about their work).
  • current "Gravity Falls" forums: IMO we should merge some of these forums together, as they are much less active now that the show has ended. --+ possibly merge "Mabel's Creativity Corner" into this section?
  • current "Butt Island" forums
some notes on this:
  • I don't think it's important to preserve the distinction between original content and fan content here, since I think a lot of it overlaps and I don't think it's a particularly important distinction. So I think it could be good to merge the fan content boards with the original content boards.
  • I think we should have one fandom discussion board for all cartoons, so IMO the current "Fandom Discussion" topics should be moved to the cartoon category and GF-fandom-specific topics should be moved to GF-specific boards.
  • The conspiracies & hidden puzzles boards are both fairly similar in subject and both are quite inactive, so IMO they should be merged if this were to happen.
  • The goal would be to reduce the number of boards&categories, especially with categories that could have overlapping content.
this is all just my thoughts ofc, up to be changed and w/e
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
So essentially?:

The Mystery Shack
-News and Updates
-New Arrivals

Gravity Falls
-Episodes
-Show Discussion
-GF Conspiracies & Hidden Puzzles
-Gossiper
-Fanworks (Mabel Land)

General Cartoon Discussion
-TV, movies
-Show discussion

Creative

Butt Island
-Random Stuff
-World Wide Web
-Gaming & Computers
-Books & Music
-Debate & Discussions
-Roleplay
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Yep, that's basically it.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]