Work Thread
We got the school thread so here's the work thread 

And as of late it's been killing me
I have to call someone I am...not on good terms with for advice on how to get a job that is my exact worst nightmare.

Good times.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
Well I got my job by going to a job fair I honestly didn't think it would be that easy

Some advice

The best part of having a job - having a job
The worst part of having a job - having a job 

Same thing with not having a job
Thanks, that's very true and...weirdly helpful cause at the end of the day I'd really rather have a job.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
I've been given two weeks off from my job at the hotel. In fact, everyone there has been getting their hours shortened and many have been given time off.
Madness is Amazingness!
[Image: tumblr_nyb3peWkus1uq9ys2o1_500.gif]
Hmm but less pay no?
The pay is less due to the shorter hours.
At least I have my second job though.
Madness is Amazingness!
Also I have quit the job at the hotel and went on to a job at a restraunt. I like the hours much more. I am just not a morning person. Let me sleep forever.

Of course there is still some problems that I can't control. When the town you currently live in relies on tourism but not many people have been visiting this summer, work because nearly none existent.

Now I might be leaving to go back to the golden state even earlier than planned. I'm not sure, because plans keep changing every time I think it's all figured out. I'm mostly worried about not having enough money to pay for college since that's one of the things that originally made me leave my old college. That and the number of years there have been adding up and gang activity started getting even more active than before - which is actually saying something to be honest.
Madness is Amazingness!
i'm considering getting a part-time job in retail to earn a little extra cash but i'm currently too busy, mentally exhausted, and lazy to focus on that

and i'm also gonna do some work experience in a local library during the first week of summer, which kinda sucks, but it's compulsory and i don't really have any line of work i really want to pursue atm, so i'm just gonna deal with people in a library. although i do need to phone up the guy who's in charge and arrange a meeting or something. not looking forward to either of those things but yeah
[Image: tumblr_m52ey4vm8K1rshlqco1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_inline_orf7p7BnAz1uj5kni_540.gif]
It's good to get that balance between rest and something to do, and it's a pain now I know but it really will help you later on. Library's a great place, I imagine less crazy and busy. So I wish you luck.

And apply anyway, you'll likely get a period before you start/actually find something, where you can take the time to unwind. It'll be great to have the extra cash and experience anyway.