Memorable Movie Theater Experiences
I don't just mean this in relation to the movies, but also the people you've shared these experiences with. They can be of the friendly or obnoxious sort.

I have tons of stories.  I remember when my family and I went to go see Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, some guy in the front row screamed "GO YODA!" during the Yoda-Dooku lightsaber battle.
lol

idk I can't really remember any in particular at the moment in terms of the theatre aside from watching the last Star Wars film. Let's just say I was distinctly aware that I was not the only one crying and shouting out then.

I do have a theatre experience though which I actually shared with billu. In hindsight I really should have said something but I guess I was brought up not to be a pain in the ass while in the theatre...unlike the family behind us.

So get this, we're watching a youth production for a musical which is not exactly for young children but me and billu end up in front of this group of what seemed to be a 7 and 12 year old and their grandparents.

These kids don't just fuss and jump up and down in their seats, they talk throughout the entire first half and the younger one is kicking the seats. You see, I can sort of understand kids doing this, even if they're well past the age you'd expect, but what was worse was their grandparents did little to nothing to discourage them and are even knocking the seats themselves. billu and I just kinda kept looking at each other, confused.

They left during the second half thankfully. I think they realised the show wasn't for them.

From now on though I'm prepared to just say something.
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
(03-30-2017, 08:43 PM)frozo Wrote: the movie theater i go to had a blackout for like 30 minutes during the climax of resurrection f

it was rather inconvenient

(03-30-2017, 09:09 PM)frozo Wrote: we all got refunds and free tickets for the next showing and left

(so that the next showing wouldn't get delayed)

i was too impatient to come back later and watch it from the beginning again though

so i decided to just go home and slapbox with my sister to make me feel better
[Image: tumblr_m52ey4vm8K1rshlqco1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_inline_or7el53ls01qk3860_540.gif]
Another time, when my dad and I went to go see The Avengers...my god, I don't think I've ever encountered an attendee as rude as this man behind us.  He kept talking throughout most of the movie.  That wasn't the worst of it though.  His phone actually went off and he picked it up.  He didn't even have the decency to whisper or take the call outside.

After he got off the phone, he resumed his conversation with his friends/family, talking as loud as ever.  We were an hour into the movie by this point and I was pretty much fed up.  I hissed, "Please be quiet!"  That finally shut him up and we were able to enjoy the rest of the movie in peace.
i'm surprised no one told him to shut his fucking pie hole long before you did
[Image: tumblr_m52ey4vm8K1rshlqco1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_inline_or7el53ls01qk3860_540.gif]
I think everyone else was trying hard to tolerate him.
I've actually got quite a few. I wrote something similar about my Spider-Man 2 one back in 2004 (to the surprise of none of you) in the SuperHeroHype forums. Let me see if I can find it.

Quote:

There was Avatar back in 2009, I went to see it my best bud. I don't like this movie much nowadays, but back then, and actually seeing a movie with that scope and in 3D for the first time was an incredible experience. And of course, The Avengers in 2012, which was incredibly fun as well. Everybody was into it.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]