Venom Movie
Yesh.

Which given Sony's track record, could end up horribly wrong.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
[Image: Sig.gif]
(06-18-2017, 07:32 PM)SirDip Wrote: Yesh.

Which given Sony's track record, could end up horribly wrong.

This news makes me think that Spidey will get the black suit in Infinity War and that will lead into Venom. Venom comes out just a couple of months after Infinity War.

What I hope happens now with the Venom movie is that Sony and Marvel treat it it like the Netflix Marvel shows. Make it more R rated and darker and only drop vague references to the other movies.
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]
The problem is, the Infinity War movies will already be packed with a lot of characters and storylines that just shoehorning the symbiote storyline would just make it feel rushed and bloated. It's an important storyline that should be given its own movie and not in a pseudo-finale to the MCU, and since it failed to be done right in Spider-Man 3, I would personally like to see it done right and with care this time. It was important to Peter's character in the comics, and that climax with him having a mind battle with the symbiote as if it were his inner demon is imo one of the best Spider-Man scenes to be written (and adapted as seen in Spectacular Spider-Man). I'd really like to see it on the big screen someday.

They would need to take their time with it. And Venom comes out only a few months after Infinity War Part One is released, so that's more of a reason not to do the symbiote storyline.

I will say this though. An R-Rated Venom movie is the only way we might get to see a live-action Carnage, and I freaking love Carnage.
“Ends are not bad things, they just mean that something else is about to begin. And there are many things that don't really end, anyway, they just begin again in a new way. Ends are not bad and many ends aren't really an ending; some things are never-ending.” ― C. JoyBell C.
(06-18-2017, 08:01 PM)SirDip Wrote: The problem is, the Infinity War movies will already be packed with a lot of characters and storylines that just shoehorning the symbiote storyline would just make it feel rushed and bloated. It's an important storyline that should be given its own movie and not in a pseudo-finale to the MCU, and since it failed to be done right in Spider-Man 3, I would personally like to see it done right and with care this time. It was important to Peter's character in the comics, and that climax with him having a mind battle with the symbiote as if it were his inner demon is imo one of the best Spider-Man scenes to be written (and adapted as seen in Spectacular Spider-Man). I'd really like to see it on the big screen someday.

They would need to take their time with it. And Venom comes out only a few months after Infinity War Part One is released, so that's more of a reason not to do the symbiote storyline.

I will say this though. An R-Rated Venom movie is the only way we might get to see a live-action Carnage, and I freaking love Carnage.

I think that if Spidey gets the black suit in Infinity War, it won't be a key part of the movie. It will be an easter egg for fans and a set up for Venom. So I think if Marvel and Sony do that with the symbiote, we shouldn't worry about Infinity War being to crowded.

While I would also love to see the true symbiote storyline done right in a movie, that doesn't seem to be what Marvel and Sony have planned for Venom. I think Venom will end up being treated like the Netflix heroes and the movie will only give us vague references to the MCU with the exception of Spider-Man.
Hoo man I would love to see me some Carnage vs Venom...but my brain is still imploding, I just have no idea what to expect...

(06-18-2017, 07:29 PM)Baron Num Nums Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]
[Image: 101860422_stidenterprise3.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co1_400.gif][Image: tumblr_nkgc1yQOXU1sccu9co5_400.gif]
(06-18-2017, 08:33 PM)Baron Num Nums Wrote: Hoo man I would love to see me some Carnage vs Venom...but my brain is still imploding, I just have no idea what to expect...

(06-18-2017, 07:29 PM)Baron Num Nums Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

Expect a bloodbath. A battle to the death.

I really hope they do it right. I've wanted to see Venom fight Carnage in a movie since I was 6 years old.
Carnage confirmed as the main villain for Venom.

http://collider.com/venom-movie-carnage/#images
Jesus freaking Christ, dude, you're a lightning bolt. Just found out about this.

Cautiously optimistic in seeing those two square off. Emphasis on cautiously.