Should Dippy Fresh Have Even Been In The Series?
Well I'm glad my exposition made sense to you, and thanks for putting up with my lengthy walls of text haha :)

I definitely agree that it's not made clear, but I don't think it's poor writing, because it's undoubtedly intentional — and remains canon regardless of clarity (though if anyone would like to critique my earlier analyses, do feel free).

Alex Hirsch's vision shines through, Kristen Schaal's performance is extraordinary, and Jean-Paul Sartre's inclusion is simply brilliant. If anything, it's perhaps Matt Braly's directing that goes a tad too subtle; although I personally love this episode because it's richly layered for repeat viewings, I now see the drawbacks of catering too much to Mabel fans and forgetting to also consider those who can't relate to Mabel as much.

However, regardless of whether you'd like to criticize Alex Hirsch or Matt Braly, either way I don't think Dippy Fresh or Mabel are to blame. The message being conveyed is the same; it's more a matter of how effectively it's conveyed.
(06-10-2017, 12:48 AM)ReptilePatrol Wrote: Well I'm glad my exposition made sense to you, and thanks for putting up with my lengthy walls of text haha :)

I definitely agree that it's not made clear, but I don't think it's poor writing, because it's undoubtedly intentional — and remains canon regardless of clarity (though if anyone would like to critique my earlier analyses, do feel free).

Alex Hirsch's vision shines through, Kristen Schaal's performance is extraordinary, and Jean-Paul Sartre's inclusion is simply brilliant. If anything, it's perhaps Matt Braly's directing that goes a tad too subtle; although I personally love this episode because it's richly layered for repeat viewings, I now see the drawbacks of catering too much to Mabel fans and forgetting to also consider those who can't relate to Mabel as much.

However, regardless of whether you'd like to criticize Alex Hirsch or Matt Braly, either way I don't think Dippy Fresh or Mabel are to blame. The message being conveyed is the same; it's more a matter of how effectively it's conveyed.

I also agree with you that the episode should've been told from Mabel's POV as this episode is about her accepting growing up. 

They also should've made it clear that Mabel wasn't really going to banish Dipper from the bubble.
[Image: mabel_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5j5abu.png]