Drawing Tutorials & Tips
Photo 
I've found some awesome Drawing Tutorials for the Gravity Falls Characters on dragoart.com which I want to share with you. ;)

I also want to post some Tips to draw and so on...Feel free to add own Tutorials and Tips to the thread below ;D

Tutorials:
Awesome ^^

Thanks, it will help a lot :D
English is not my main language. Apologies for my mistakes.
[Image: yFIlop5.gif]
tips for the dips (dipper lmao):
  • ★his hair literally comes out of his hat, look at this wonky side view. jeez dipper get your act together, that is not how hair works
    [Image: medium.jpg]
    ★if you don't know how to draw a baseball hat in general, this is a good ref; just remember that dipper's hat has an undulating shape to it.... like the back is further down than the front, idk how else to explain it

miscellaneous tips:
  • ★don't forget volume! cartoons look flat to the untrained eye, but if you look closely, you can see that animators make sure to emulate 3d. e.g. you can see the underside of mabel's skirt, the underside of the visor on dipper's hat, the layering of people's eyes from side view (since they're so large and cartoony they overlap on profiles), and basic techniques on anatomy & proportions like foreshortening still play a role
    ★the style is really bouncy, and things are drawn with lots of curves. this is a small pattern to depict what i'm talking about
    [Image: WjPRD.png]
    ★if you're gonna do a ~serious~ piece and not just a doodle, pay very close to colours when you're shading - gravity falls actually has excellent use of lighting, so make sure you note where all of your light sources are and how they would affect shades. in example, a warm light from a candle would make the lit up part on a character more tinted yellowish orange than the base colour (the colour you would expect in normal lighting) - a skin colour like this ████████ would change to something like this ████████, and as for the shadowing, if the character was in somewhere like a dark cave with the candle acting as the source of light, the shadows would be more dark-greenish blue because of how dark it is and because of the colours of the rock. however, that is only dark-greenish blue ADDED to the base colour, so it still retains some of the peach tone. so for the skin colour, this ████████ would change to this ████████.
    ★to compliment the past bullet, here are some screenshots that exemplify lighting differences. if you really want to understand the colour changes, try make colour palettes from the backgrounds or characters in different lighting - draw splotches for the hair, skin, eyes, and clothing's light spots and shadows. notice how eyes can go from pure white to light purple and it still looks normal because the colours fit in to their environment!

--

okay that's all!!
this is a long post but i hope it helps you guys in your endeavors to emulate gravity falls' style
I made a tutorial video on drawing Mabel. Hope you'll like it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNJehRe5L...re=g-all-u
[Image: http-_stuffmydogsays.tumblr.com_500.gif]
The Dipper tutorial does not look anything like Dipper from the show

I'd say its mostly step by step walkthrough rather then "tips."
I'm no good at sports, so to me, my greatest achievement was first Manotaur. ;n;
I think I'll get to work posting a sheet on tips and guidelines to drawing the Twins and other characters.

A common issue I see in a lot of art stems from not getting the jaw shapes right for Dipper, Mabel and Wendy. It's a problem it took me a little while to figure out and once I did I realized just how much some of my older drawings sucked.
(08-21-2013, 03:40 AM)K-to-the-Amrani Wrote: I think I'll get to work posting a sheet on tips and guidelines to drawing the Twins and other characters.

A common issue I see in a lot of art stems from not getting the jaw shapes right for Dipper, Mabel and Wendy. It's a problem it took me a little while to figure out and once I did I realized just how much some of my older drawings sucked.

That would be nice. I often find I have issues with their jaw shapes, especially the twins' a lot too. It's one of those things that if you make just one tiny mistake on it, it'll show real bad.
[Image: grunkle_stan_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d6f8c3l.png]
[Image: dipper_pines_fan_button_by_requestbuttons-d5oyg5h.png]
That'd be awesome. I'm not really good at art, but I'd really like to give drawing SOMETHING from the show a try.
I personally find it a lot easier if you practice drawing the said character in different styles first.
You know, realistic, anime, chibi, your own style, stuff like that.

And a basic drawing tip is if the colors are too dark once you color, I find it works best if you re-outline the drawing with a pen or thick, black marker.

I've also had a lot of success by lightly sketching the drawing out first, then fixing all the little mistakes, then re-outlining the drawing in black marker, then erasing all the pencil marks then coloring.
It also works really well if you lightly sketch a circle for the head, and an ovalish shape for the body, three lines across the face (Trust me, it works in the end), and little circles for the basic joints where the limbs begin.

Hope I can help all you stumped artists out there. More tips soon. ^^

>Gets all giddy about Pinecest and stuff.
>Starts laughing and giggling about all the cute stuff.
>Gets stomach pain from laughing too hard.
>Continues laughing anyway.

~Just when you think you've seen the cutest Pinecest picture there is, you see something even cuter.~

>You have to live with it forever when you make a joke that everybody hates.<

Dipper's like the peanut butter to Mable's jelly! (It's like, the worst joke ever, I know, but it's totally accurate *not to mention CANON* so you can't really hate me for it :3)